What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Lithotech

Heh, sorry, didn't see the raid 6 in your sig till you pointed it out.

Huge deal on the raid card, gratz!

Those are nice carts alright. I'd love a couple of them but really have no use since my server case has it's own and my main system case is a HAF 932 which holds my drives fine. Still, something to make note of for potential clients, the pricematch on them isn't bad at all for what they are.

I like the power connector, might pick up a few of those in the future, just because of the short run between the sata connections. Sata power is one line I won't try modding myself.

Yeah, Vista should work fine for streaming and sharing. WHS would be nice for system backups, but I am not sure they have fixed the problem with raid arrays that are built or managed outside the OS -- you have to let WHS do it which sucks.

All told, very nice setup you have there. Great example of what to do with an older mobo/cpu in a nice case with a lot of investment in drives and a really nice raid card.

They are Kingwin KF-4000-BK. Hotswap really depends on the controller/chipset. But I have used them with hotswap before.

The Array is still initializing so it is doing very poorly right now in terms of performance. I'll bench it tonight.

The PSU is just a lil' Seasonic M12II 430W. It only has 6 sata connections, but I bought a bunch of these

S-ATA power connector cable T-SATA 3x Splitter - Sleeved Products Model: SATA-PW3 [SATA-PW3] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

I bought card off Ebay. It is considered EOL, so retailers don't stock it anymore. After exchange, duty, and shipping it was ~ $600. But that is still a lot cheaper than a current generation 16 channel card. Like half the price.

I am just using Windows Vista, works well enough.

lowfat

Staff member
That's one NICE file server. I'm curious, out of the 6TB how much is used? As in how many GB/TB is music, movies, tv shows, pictures, etc?

My personal collection only adds up to ~600GB in Movies, ~50GB in TV Shows, ~60GB in Music, and ~15GB in Images/Pictures. In other words I don't have much archived, just most of the DVD's(which aren't big, 3-7GB each, DVD shrink ftw) I own.

Personally I'm looking forward to owning a Blu-Ray Drive, that's when my Archive will REALLY start to balloon.

Close to 1TB of TV Shows. Plus another 300MB or so of backups from my mac and workstation. I haven't ripped any of my TV DVDs or regular DVDs though, and I might sometime. And there is no way I'd rip any of my HD DVD/BD as 30GB+ for a movie on my machine isn't worth it. I'll just put the disc in if I want to watch. But when recording TV shows @ 4GB/hour space gets filled up rather quickly.

kruzn4evr

Ok, got the 2nd one all finished up, this system consists of a Rampage II Extreme, i7 920, Noctua NH-U12P htsk, 3x2GB 1600 OCZ Gold ram, BFG GTX 295 x2, Corsair HX1000w, 2x Patriot 128GB WARP SSD's, 2x WD Caviar Black 750GB HDD, Poineer BluRay DVD and of course the CM HAF 932 :thumb:

Hopefully I'll get to work on mine on Wed. and have some pics to post by Thurs.

Sorry I never got back to this, I've just been so busy this past week...anyhow, I never did get a screen shot but I can tell you that we got in a 3dVantage run before it left my possesion and we managed to hit 33956 running stock on the 295's and 3.6GHz on the 920....no too shabby!....made me jealous!!:haha:

Lithotech

I'm sure you missed this first time, so...

Did you use velcro to hold the fan in the 5.25 drive bays too?

Looks awesome, benches like a monster. I love that mobo and it's OC dials -- they work ok?

The EATX size fills up the HAF nicely!

titch--

300 goodnes

I got my new computer up and running this eekend, so I thought I would post some pics of her.

The 300 stripped to where I want her before I paint.

After painting

The mobo and ps installed

Everything installed and ready to rip

cheers

Twitter