What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Zodgrod

Hey Zodgrod, that's a lot of wires......hint hint.......

The pics show the slow evolution the first 2 wiring not so good.
I went in and zip tied them pretty good.

I had my MBR screw up so I am currently working on getting my dual boot configuration back up and running.

Wires

Why everyone cares so much about wires inside the case?
I though the whole purpose of the case is to hold components and hide interconnects.
So, you see nice looking box with some whoozing electrocrap inside.

Also, I do not get case windows. I think I am old. :ph34r:

Dave510

I though the whole purpose of the case is to hold components and hide interconnects.

Because wire clutter hinders air flow, and makes the case (and the components inside) run hotter. And some people find aesthetic value in how the components look themselves, and want to show it to others. That's why video card fans and RAM heat spreaders are designed to look cool (atleast enthusiast ones), and even some sound cards have EMI shields with a light on it...

Lithotech

It's the same as a car enthusiast would want the engine compartment of his car all perfect, shiny and bling. A lot of cable management techniques come from automotive and industrial, where sleeved cables were around from long before computers went mainstream. It makes things look more professional, high end, attention to detail, and art!

So while most people don't care about what is under the hood of their car, there are those that do.

The window came about just so we could admire our work without having to take off (and run without) the side panel.

There are certainly a lot of users that follow this, judging my the sheer number of posts in threads like this over the internet, but truthfully we are still a minority. It is hard to fathom just how many basic systems there are out there, millions (probably) of just the new Dell Studio Hybrid (Dell Studio Hybrid Desktop Details)!

The vast majority of users these days don't know how to take the side panel off, or plug in the cables correctly, or know what is actually in their system. But I think some of them wander into threads like this and the next system they buy is often home built, custom and bling.

It has become an artform, for sure. Like furniture and decor, it is a statement of the owners personal taste! :punk:

LionRed

Computers Re-organized

I posted my setup before...but I re-organized them all into the back basement room.

Picked up a Tupperware rack...plastic, but it works for me.

3492088213_250f847719_b.jpg

Decided to put the computers on shelving and bottom on on an old tv swivel stand.

3492900616_9b099641f2_b.jpg

3492087073_fd832e356d_b.jpg

3492903268_3d6aef1700_b.jpg

Gaming Rig...
3492902240_d8b0760973_b.jpg

Hi Def recording machine.
3492901448_5584a8b8de_b.jpg

Standard TV recording machine.
3492899848_a7304e5b76_b.jpg

Like to thank my wife for allowing me to move the standup freezer :thumb:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Nikonman, I see. You have a sample of what is the best lens out there bar none, in my opinion. A 70-200mm VR.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
It will stay a Classic for a very long time. I coupled mine with a D2x, best match I could have ever dreamt. Heavy combo (11 lbs), but I can't say no to 12 fps with a constant f2.8!

Latest posts