What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

LionRed

It will stay a Classic for a very long time. I coupled mine with a D2x, best match I could have ever dreamt. Heavy combo (11 lbs), but I can't say no to 12 fps with a constant f2.8!

Cool...I picked up a D300 Dec 2007. Only 6fps...but good enough (for me..for now).

12fps...go away..im busy spending on computer stuff for now. Eventually I will get the 8fps....but 12 would be cool.
I almost got a D3 but got the glass and some other stuff.

Lithotech

That TV swivel stand is exactly what I am looking for! I'd been thinking of making one, Lee Valley has some good harware for them. But something like that would work perfectly for my bench!

Using a KVM? Where are the displays?

I like the APC UPS, what model is it and how do you like it?

Love the setup, but itching to fly over there and fix your cables! :punk:

I posted my setup before...but I re-organized them all into the back basement room.

Picked up a Tupperware rack...plastic, but it works for me.

Decided to put the computers on shelving and bottom on on an old tv swivel stand.

Like to thank my wife for allowing me to move the standup freezer :thumb:

LionRed

That TV swivel stand is exactly what I am looking for! I'd been thinking of making one, Lee Valley has some good harware for them. But something like that would work perfectly for my bench!

Using a KVM? Where are the displays?

I like the APC UPS, what model is it and how do you like it?

Love the setup, but itching to fly over there and fix your cables! :punk:

Not using any KVM (Switch?). Control all computers over network with Multiplicity.
APC is Back-UPS XS 1300. Works great, I got it after finally getting big rig up and running stable...power flickered a few times :shok:. So I ran out and got a UPS.

This is where the monitors are relative to the computer cases.
3497593197_e3a5868b72_b.jpg

Next job is to tidy up the desk :help:
You may be itching to get to fix my cables...but I am not....that will be another step in the project.

I have one last computer to add...the living room HTPC...ties the HD PVR, the SD recording comp....along with XBMC, all together, for viewing on the 50" tv.
3498384994_eb1a19c586_b.jpg

3498387196_10eba62d08_b.jpg

lowfat...you can get more HD's in with these? - [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Startech 3X5.25IN to 5 Bay 3.5IN [/FONT]
1010273917.jpg

Lithotech

Not using any KVM (Switch?). Control all computers over network with Multiplicity.
APC is Back-UPS XS 1300. Works great, I got it after finally getting big rig up and running stable...power flickered a few times :shok:. So I ran out and got a UPS.

This is where the monitors are relative to the computer cases.

Awesome.

How are you connecting the systems to the monitors? Extra long cables? And at least one keyboard and mouse extra long?

Multiplicity is interesting, testing it now on my main and spare. I see that it lets you share input devices, and isn't a remote desktop of sorts. I can't use a KVM because my G15 won't work with one. Luckily, I have the spare's monitor already in place and view. Multiplicity will aloow me to ditch the second keyboard and mouse from my desk.

Unfortunately, contrary to their website as stating that the free two system package is not actually free, and is only a 15 day trial? Or am I missing something here?

My UPS died a while ago during a winter storm. Something frizzled inside it, not repairable. At least it didn't hurt my system. So, I've been looking for a 600W+ unit at a decent price. No luck so far, the prices have risen more than other components since the economy went to crap. A couple models I would like are just a few bucks too much for me right now, and I'll have to keep using the surge protector.

LionRed

Awesome.

How are you connecting the systems to the monitors? Extra long cables? And at least one keyboard and mouse extra long?

Multiplicity is interesting, testing it now on my main and spare. I see that it lets you share input devices, and isn't a remote desktop of sorts. I can't use a KVM because my G15 won't work with one. Luckily, I have the spare's monitor already in place and view. Multiplicity will aloow me to ditch the second keyboard and mouse from my desk.

Unfortunately, contrary to their website as stating that the free two system package is not actually free, and is only a 15 day trial? Or am I missing something here?

My UPS died a while ago during a winter storm. Something frizzled inside it, not repairable. At least it didn't hurt my system. So, I've been looking for a 600W+ unit at a decent price. No luck so far, the prices have risen more than other components since the economy went to crap. A couple models I would like are just a few bucks too much for me right now, and I'll have to keep using the surge protector.

You can find a couple of programs that do what Multiplicity does. Just have to do a little googling I guess. I just figured Stardocks program was worth the 29US.

Yes...extension cables for monitors and USB ext (still waiting for my 20ft optical cable for my headphones). I put a hole in the wall....with a light switch faceplate over it (make it look a little tidy..better then just a hole in the wall).

lowfat - I may just do that. But I did put a couple of pin holes in the tape so I can see HardDrive activity. Those LEDs are like laser beams :angry2:

lowfat

Staff member
lowfat - I may just do that. But I did put a couple of pin holes in the tape so I can see HardDrive activity. Those LEDs are like laser beams :angry2:

I wouldn't know since I have never hooked them up ever :bleh: even thought I've had the case a year. Having bright LED's on an HTPC case is a silly idea IMO.

Lithotech

I didn't really look, I went straight to Stardock because I have seen it mentioned here a few times. So far, it's working pretty good. I sware I notice a bit of mouse lag or sensitivity change when I run the second computer from the first, but only when I am in a game. Oddly, it happens even when I am not running the second computer, but goes away when I sleep it. Must be a network latency thing, dunno.

I have a thrid system I want to add in, but only two monitors viewable from my desk. I have a spare two port KVM I was going to try to use with the second and third systems, to see if Multiplicity would work through it. Unfortunately, two problems: I need a USB keyboard to run the KVM (ordering one soon) and I will need the keyboard on my desk in order to switch from the second and third computers (which defeats the purpose of using Multiplicity to get rid of the extra KB/mouse on my desk). However, having access to the third system (home server) from my desk will be worth it.

You can find a couple of programs that do what Multiplicity does. Just have to do a little googling I guess. I just figured Stardocks program was worth the 29US.

Yes...extension cables for monitors and USB ext (still waiting for my 20ft optical cable for my headphones). I put a hole in the wall....with a light switch faceplate over it (make it look a little tidy..better then just a hole in the wall).

LionRed

You can have 3 systems with Multiplicity. Left, center and right systems. As for mouse lag....never really notice any for me. It could depend on how you have mouse sensitivity on each system?

Latest posts