What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

cdn_Madrach

OK! I drilled the danged hole and re-rerouted the cables- here's the new look- feel free to tsk tsk if there's still something that you disapprove of- This is my first build so I need the advice.

Wow.... very nice job on the wiring:thumb: It's hard to worry about the wires when your excited about getting the WC installed lol.

sswilson

Staff member
The only thing that would concern me is the airflow past the resevoir and pump.

Are you sure that it's getting by ok in there?

If not, would you consider mounting a fan to the side of your case?

Babrbarossa

The air flow isn't bad in my opinion, but I don't have much experience to go by. I know that the temperature goes up three degrees when I put the side of the case on. But on the other hand, when I stick my hand in there, It's really quite surprising how breezy it feels around the chipset.

I would certainly consider putting a fan on the side though -do you mean by cutting a vent hole and mounting it on the side panel?, or just suspending it inside the case?

Last edited:

Patriote

Awesome Babrbarossa!

Just one thing would be cool if you could upload some bigger pics! It's to small! It hurts my pour eyes. Or maybe i just need glasses...:biggrin:

Babrbarossa

HAHA- ok, will do (although a little more light, and less blurry would help too)- I was just taking mercy on myself with my piddly 26Kbps dial-up by keeping the load times down. I think I'll try thumbnailing- haven't tried it yet though.

SHaCK

HAHA- ok, will do (although a little more light, and less blurry would help too)- I was just taking mercy on myself with my piddly 26Kbps dial-up by keeping the load times down. I think I'll try thumbnailing- haven't tried it yet though.

I'll keep that in my find when i'll post pictures, thumbnails it'll be. And that's just because you've putted a really nice looking rig :thumb:

Neato

sswilson

Staff member
The air flow isn't bad in my opinion, but I don't have much experience to go by. I know that the temperature goes up three degrees when I put the side of the case on. But on the other hand, when I stick my hand in there, It's really quite surprising how breezy it feels around the chipset.

I would certainly consider putting a fan on the side though -do you mean by cutting a vent hole and mounting it on the side panel?, or just suspending it inside the case?

I mean by cutting a vent hole in the side of your case and adding a fan/grill/filter assy.

Don't do it just on my advice though.... let's get some more input here. :)

Babrbarossa

I jerry-rigged a 80mm fan to blow on the mobo, and the vrm's have gone from scorching to just mildly warm- I can't believe how well it worked!

Last edited:

Scratch

here's my baby specs are in the sig :)

017.jpg

Picture009.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

Latest posts