What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

r0k0

Folding Team
mine its a Pentium D 945 @ 4Ghz with a Thermalright XP-90c and 2GB OCZ DDR2-800 X850XT PE 40gb cd rw 17" lcd samsung SM 710m

Rhinofart

British Columbia. The Okanagan to be exact.
Well here is my rig.

I had to reduce the pics of the rig quite a bit to fit into the size limitations, but you get the idea. I have to redo the striping around the RAD as it just looks ugly right now, and I can't find any good weatherstriping in the crap little town I live in so that will have to wait for another day.

Attachments

• SSA54252.jpg
    SSA54252.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,140
  • SSA54253.jpg
    SSA54253.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1,129
  • SSA54254.jpg
    SSA54254.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,134
  • SSA54257.jpg
    SSA54257.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 1,149

sswilson

Staff member
Hey!!! you got a lian-li sticker with your case!!!! ( I want one).

I love this series of cases. The cooling of them is surprising for only 4 80mm fans, and they really are solid.

Nice looking build.

The original plan with my rig was to install the 2X120 rad in the same location, but when I found I couldn't easily mount the single on the back I stuck the single in there and mounted the 2X on top.

Rhinofart

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Yeah, I have to give props to the wife for surprising me with that case a couple years ago for Christmas. I just love the Lian Li cases. The dremel IS your friend. I had a great time modding that puppy. After seeing the other guys case with the RAD on the bottom I may just put my 120 x1 down there and introduce it into the cooling loop right after the VC. :doh: Always good to get a fresh perspective on things. That may help bring things down a little bit more. As for the case badge, my case came with it, and I have never seen any others with it. Maybe I was the lucky winner of the 1 Millionth case??? I have updated it a little since the pics were taken. I stealthed my optical drive, and want to put a little LCD screen where the floppy bay is. Now if only I could sneak that past my wife. :whistle:

sswilson

Staff member
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yeah, I have to give props to the wife for surprising me with that case a couple years ago for Christmas. I just love the Lian Li cases. The dremel IS your friend. I had a great time modding that puppy. After seeing the other guys case with the RAD on the bottom I may just put my 120 x1 down there and introduce it into the cooling loop right after the VC. :doh: Always good to get a fresh perspective on things. That may help bring things down a little bit more. As for the case badge, my case came with it, and I have never seen any others with it. Maybe I was the lucky winner of the 1 Millionth case??? I have updated it a little since the pics were taken. I stealthed my optical drive, and want to put a little LCD screen where the floppy bay is. Now if only I could sneak that past my wife. :whistle:

Did you have any particular screen in mind?

I've looked at some of the kits, but they seem kinda pricy for what you get.

I keep thinking of looking up some of the modding sites to see what's out there and how hard it would be to put together. (I cut out "front windows" in two of my 5 1/4 bezels.... it'd be kinda cool to do the same for either a single or all three of the 3 1/2 bezels to fit a screen into).

BrainEater

Hehe , yea all lian-li cases cases come with case badges.I love my pc60 cases.

Nice MO display....I have two of em. :biggrin:

I quick word about lcd's ;
I tried to get an mx-222 display to fit into a floppy bay . Ain't gonna happen.

Besides , Matrix Orbital has a new display out ; GX Typhoon

Rhinofart

LCD screens

One of the things I still do to keep my hands dirty is install and repair ATMs. Some of them have a nice little 800x600 16 Bit screen that is 5.5" diagonal. With a little extra Dremel work I'm sure I could make it fit nicely. As for my Matrix Orbital Mx222 screen (shown in the pics) I was lucky enough to happen across the Matrix Orbital offices down in Calgary when I was down there training the Field Engineers for Direct Cash on how to repair NCR ATMs. I got a super kick ass deal on my screen, and I actually got to watch them assemble it right in front of my eyes!!!!!:punk: Those guys rock!:thumb:

And back to the LCD, I think my little ATM screen idea would work perfectly. I just need to find the time to fabricate a connector for it that will connect to either a DVI or standard VGA plug. I know the pin-outs of both, so I just need to get the time to solder one together.

slugbug

1254_1.jpg

COMPUTERPICS017.jpg

Coolermaster i930 tower
Ultra XPRO 800w PSU
DFI LANPARTY UT SLI-DR
Opteron 165 with Zalman 9500 heatsink
Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO
XFX Fatality 7600GT Fanless
Liteon 16X dvd burner
Samsung SATA 300 160GB
Maxtor SATA 150 250GB

I'm running it at a conservative 25% overclock right now, but temps are low so it should easily go higher.

Latest posts