What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Recommendation for Watercooling

RJones

I'm wondering what case you guys would recommend for watercooling. Here's what I'm really looking for:

- Lian Li Case
- Black
- Ability to fit radiator inside case
- Not full tower

I saw the Lian Li V1110B but am not sure if it would have the room to fit water cooling inside.

Thanks

15eman

go with the lian li pc-p80 best case or even get the p60 its a mid tower but its amazing as well.

zlojack

Just one rad?

I love my MM H2GO and it fits two 240 rads (well, one external) or one 240 and one 120 internal.

zlojack

Don't buy that case.

You'll get better performance, longevity and looks from getting a separate case and putting your own LC gear into it.

MpG

If budget is a concern, think carefully before getting that Koolance unit, because they're definitely not a cost-effective option. On a related note, I'm assuming that's you that posted on NCIX regarding this case? Because I just posted a reply to Linus' reply, because that doesn't seem quite right. If you want to go this route, maybe wait for a confirmation before dropping the hammer on this? And if you do go this route, I would hold off a little longer if possible, since Koolance has two new waterblocks coming out, and they're both looking like a BIG improvement over the earlier designs.

RJones

Budget is a little bit of a concern. I doubt I'd be going with Koolance waterblocks. If I went with watercooling, I'd probably get the eVGA GTX280 HC16 with the water block pre-installed and maybe an Apogee GTZ CPU water block.

I'm not set on the Koolance yet, though I do like the fact that the case has the rad preinstalled as well as a window.

MpG

Ah, then another warning is warranted here - Koolance radiators are all aluminum, which doesn't like being in the same loop as copper. Koolance's waterblocks have plated internals to help make sure that corrosion isn't an issue, but most waterblocks don't. If you want to run anything except Koolance waterblocks with an aluminum radiator, you'll need to heavily dope your coolant with anti-corrosives. There are a few other blocks out there that are also plated, but I don't think any of them are particularly attractive from a performance standpoint.