What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case recommendations for new build

Jamz

Building a new rig that will house either a ryzen 5 3600 or 3300x and an RTX 2060, RX 5600 XT or RX 5700

I'll also be using a Coolermaster ML240L cooler and need room for a minimum of 2 3.5 HDD bays.

My mobo will be an ATX motherboard so mATX and ITX cases are not an option.

My first priority is I'm looking for the SMALLEST case possible that can house all my parts and have at least a side window
Second priority is I'd like to have a quiet case.
Third priority is airflow - I have a dusty office environment so high airflow cases will attract a lot of internal dust.
I also prefer a white case but that's not mandatory.

Budget is around $150 after taxes.

In my research I've found the NZXT h510 seems to be a decent choice but I wish it had I'm wondering if there's anything better out there. Kinda like the Phanteks P400A but it's a bit more expensive.

Can anyone recommend anything for me?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Fractal Design Meshify C or Design are my go-to.

Don't discount mATX boards. If you don't need the extra pci slots full ATX brings no benefit imho.

if you do go mATX then I would say Phanteks Evolve mini.

Jamz

actually I might have a line on a good deal for a Meshify C.

I'm going full ATX because I got a good deal on a mobo that I couldn't pass up. I would have preferred mATX to be honest.

Cptn Vortex

As above I build almost all my client's PC's in Fractal Define cases. The Define Mini C is an awesome mATX. The Standard Define C is also top notch. The new Define7 Compact is basically an updated Define C however with some great features, but some new drawbacks (side panels cant be secured in place with screws!).

Jamz

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. I was just about to buy a Meshify C then.....

I actually ended up going in a whole different direction and went with an ITX setup. An opportunity came across to get a nice ITX bundle and I've always wanted to try it out.

I'll post my new build in another thread to ask for some ITX specific advice. 😁