What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CD Projekt RED’s Witcher 2 Follow-Up Revealed: Cyberpunk 2077

FreeKnight

The grenade hack is so useless. All it ever did was explode flashbangs I quit using it. I honestly don't really care for achievements anyways. Like I won't do something I don't enjoy to get one.

My first playthrough went w/ the Rogue finale w/ Judy leaving. It was so depressing. And it really seemed like most of the epilogue voice mails I got were also depressing. Like if you tell Peralez the truth but don't mention his wife.

Second playthrough I went w/ a nomad Panam ending. Was so much better but bloody hell it was so buggy. This needs SERIOUS work compared to the Rogue option. Dialogue was being cut off. Panam would teleport. Framerate would drop to like 1FPS over and over. I saved Takemura this game and was sad when he was mad @ me at the end. :(

I'll wait till DLC comes out to play again. And do the remaining endings then.

EDIT: Played as a hacker the first playthrough and it was WAY OP by late game. Could kill 10+ enemies before even entering an area. So broken.

2nd time I did Mantis + Sandevistian. Man the Warp Dancer Sandevistian mod is so much fun. It's like the matrix.
Can concur hacking is crazy OP. Stealth+hacking+silenced revolver or takedowns makes the game too easy.

lowfat

Staff member
Can concur hacking is crazy OP. Stealth+hacking+silenced revolver or takedowns makes the game too easy.
I used no weapons when I did hacking by mid-game. Walk up close to enemies. Breach anything in network. Legendary Ping. Now you can see every single enemy through walls. Then just go to town w/ contagion or other spreadable hacks. Could clear an entire 'Organized Crime' area before the NCPD officer finished her speech.

vulcan500rider

Oh, wow. I had not realized just how OP we were talking. I've played through most of the game with two characters: first, a decker (hacker); then what I would consider a proper street samurai (brawler).

I didn't do much with crafting hacks with the hacker before finishing the game. He relied almost as much on his guns as he did on his cyberdeck. After seeing this thread, I went back and actually maxed intelligence, finished perk spending, and went through crafting legendary hacks and did some more sidemissions....It's insane. Legendary ping, contagion, and cyberware malfunction, and I clear an area. If there happen to be any left standing, I do another round of contagion. Good lord.

That said, once you get a brawler to full street cred and level 40ish, there's not much that can touch them either. It's a bit more hands on (I went Gorilla Arms with animal knuckles), but I can run in with Beserk going and start plowing through. Cold blood starts stacking, and I might as well be a Panzer.

I do kind of appreciate it, though. I used to play a lot of Shadowrun with my buddies in high school, and this is the same point some of our characters eventually got to--legends who were nearly impossible to bring down. Oddly, I haven't played through as either of my favourite paper and pen characters yet, though; one was a mage, so that's out, as the fantasy element isn't really there in Cyberpunk; the other was a physical adept, which is pretty analagous to what you would get focusing on reflexes and getting a Sandivistan OS in Cyberpunk. Not sure I'm ready for the third character, though. I'm kinda running out of steam a bit, and may be close to the "I'll dust this off when the DLC comes out" point.

That said, I'm just shy of 110 hours, and have enjoyed the hell out of it, so I'm not complaining. My general rule of thumb is I want a game to give me an hour of enjoyment for every dollar spent, so even buying it when it first came out, I'm well ahead of my target. My biggest complaints about the game are about occasionally blowing up for no real reason (probably explosive canisters I didn't see for most of those), and a lot of things around vehicles (spawning under other cars, poor driving--though some of that's probably on me--and regularly being hit by them...again, some of that's on me).

FreeKnight

Oh, wow. I had not realized just how OP we were talking. I've played through most of the game with two characters: first, a decker (hacker); then what I would consider a proper street samurai (brawler).

I didn't do much with crafting hacks with the hacker before finishing the game. He relied almost as much on his guns as he did on his cyberdeck. After seeing this thread, I went back and actually maxed intelligence, finished perk spending, and went through crafting legendary hacks and did some more sidemissions....It's insane. Legendary ping, contagion, and cyberware malfunction, and I clear an area. If there happen to be any left standing, I do another round of contagion. Good lord.

That said, once you get a brawler to full street cred and level 40ish, there's not much that can touch them either. It's a bit more hands on (I went Gorilla Arms with animal knuckles), but I can run in with Beserk going and start plowing through. Cold blood starts stacking, and I might as well be a Panzer.

I do kind of appreciate it, though. I used to play a lot of Shadowrun with my buddies in high school, and this is the same point some of our characters eventually got to--legends who were nearly impossible to bring down. Oddly, I haven't played through as either of my favourite paper and pen characters yet, though; one was a mage, so that's out, as the fantasy element isn't really there in Cyberpunk; the other was a physical adept, which is pretty analagous to what you would get focusing on reflexes and getting a Sandivistan OS in Cyberpunk. Not sure I'm ready for the third character, though. I'm kinda running out of steam a bit, and may be close to the "I'll dust this off when the DLC comes out" point.

That said, I'm just shy of 110 hours, and have enjoyed the hell out of it, so I'm not complaining. My general rule of thumb is I want a game to give me an hour of enjoyment for every dollar spent, so even buying it when it first came out, I'm well ahead of my target. My biggest complaints about the game are about occasionally blowing up for no real reason (probably explosive canisters I didn't see for most of those), and a lot of things around vehicles (spawning under other cars, poor driving--though some of that's probably on me--and regularly being hit by them...again, some of that's on me).
CP made me really wish that Shadowrun got a proper 'big-budget' game. I've really liked it since playing the SNES game and while I never played the pen and paper, I read the hell out of the Shadowrun game books. Such a cool and interesting world.

HBS had really good games in Shadowrun Dragonfall and Shadowrun Hong Kong, but it's pretty obvious they're made by a small studio with a limited budget. I could only imagine what a larger dev (pre-EA Bioware, Obsidian, Bethesda, etc) could do with a Shadowrun game and some actual funding.

Vittra

I was actually musing with the GF a few days ago about how things could have been if CDPR instead made an isometric game for Cyberpunk in the vein of the recent Shadowruns - potentially freeing up a considerable amount of dev resources from the engine/visuals into other aspects, but still being above and beyond what the smaller Shadowrun team could accomplish. Ultimately I think the same level of mismanagement would have occurred, but the amount of raw hours required to get things in shape would likely have been quite a bit less. We may have still seen things like wallrunning and the various other removed or incomplete systems in more of a finished state.

At any rate - I saw that Amazon has a "physical" copy digital game code for $54.99 so I got it - but still going to wait for the first of the major patches to see where things fare before I actually start playing.

Lysrin

At any rate - I saw that Amazon has a "physical" copy digital game code for $54.99 so I got it - but still going to wait for the first of the major patches to see where things fare before I actually start playing.
Looks like that is for the Xbox version eh? PC is still $80.

Vittra

Sorry it wasn't today - I grabbed it a couple of days ago. It was still listed at 54.99 last night though.

I'd expect it to go back down again soon enough though :ROFLMAO:

FreeKnight

I was actually musing with the GF a few days ago about how things could have been if CDPR instead made an isometric game for Cyberpunk in the vein of the recent Shadowruns - potentially freeing up a considerable amount of dev resources from the engine/visuals into other aspects, but still being above and beyond what the smaller Shadowrun team could accomplish. Ultimately I think the same level of mismanagement would have occurred, but the amount of raw hours required to get things in shape would likely have been quite a bit less. We may have still seen things like wallrunning and the various other removed or incomplete systems in more of a finished state.

I think a caveat to that would be though, CDPR would never go with an isometric because they generally don't sell as well as FPS/3PS games and that they would have sunk significantly less resources into the game to begin with. Even the biggest top down or isometric games of the last 10 years; Shadowrun, Pillars, Disco Elysium, etc have tiny budgets compared to CP2077

Vittra

That signifies a shift in CDPR's intent though - away from the passion of making games and instead pursuing profits. Bear in mind Witcher 1 was never intended to be a sales success - but it was, 1 million copies quite quickly from what I recall, and launched them forward significantly. Based on everything I've read and watched, the C2077 is more a story of gross mismanagement from the earliest days possible, with absolutely nothing done to course correct - ever. It's difficult to separate how much was just blind devotion to making the game of a genre they clearly love VS why we ended up with so much marketing fluff and near the end outright lies told to investors and customers alike.

I still agree with your premise nonetheless - it probably didn't seem viable to them. I see an isometric Cyberpunk more as a "reasonable" project that could have served as a springboard for the eventual 2077 game we got. One way or another it was coming, no doubt.

Anyway enough of that, it's been beaten to death all over the internet - further posts in here will be when I actually play the game myself, probably after that first purported major patch, which should be imminent from my understanding.

Lysrin

So how is this game doing now? Bugs wise, playablility, etc.? I'm still debating it but with the coupon and sale on Epic right now you can get it for just under $50 CAD.

Is it worth that at this point or better to wait for deeper discount?

Latest posts