What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

cellular internet booster / lowering ping

magiwizard

So.... I have recently (been a few months now -_-) moved into a more rural area and internet here is pretty horrid.... been using cellular internet and as you can imagine WoW / LoL at 200~ ping (spiking over 500 regularly) and 50kb/s speeds kinda suck....

I was looking into buying a signal booster since I do get 4g here but only about 1-2 bars on a CLEAR day and ping is murdering me.

If anyone has experience with this or knows a particular booster that might lower the ping (i know... unlikely). Feel free to give this depressed gamer some advice :)

Cheers,
Henry

magiwizard

I'm not hotspotting off a phone atm... im using a modem like thing that has a sim card in it... funny how people 5 minutes away from us get perfectly fine internet but we have nothing here -_-

enaberif

Those magical bars.. they mean absolute squat. Your SNR ratio is going to make the world of difference. Celluar isn't going to be that great to be honest and living in the bush.. well.. you don't get the awesomeness of city life.

ZZLEE

Put this gadget as high up as you can.

Take a paper towel tube point it at the tower it is trying to see. Look though it if you see a tree and its yours cut it down.

Don't you just love Digital.

Latest posts

Twitter