What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Central AIr Blocks Wifi

sswilson

Staff member
I would put money on it being the initial power draw when the AC/hot tub kick on. Why do I say this? Because of what I see with my portable AC. When it kicks on my UPS kicks in for a quick moment. Yes I have it set very sensitive so it is not really losing power but definitely causing ruckus with the power in my place. It is the same thing with my laser printer as well. So really if someone is noticing a drop/loss in signal right when the AC turns on it is power causing the issue.

A little bit off topic, but I've noticed the exact same thing with my laser printer, Huge power draw on startup to the point where it would put my UPS into overload so I had to move the plug over to the non backed-up side of the UPS.

enaberif

A little bit off topic, but I've noticed the exact same thing with my laser printer, Huge power draw on startup to the point where it would put my UPS into overload so I had to move the plug over to the non backed-up side of the UPS.

Laser printers require a lot of power on initial start up as well.

Chromey

DIdnt Even consider the Draw being a cause.

Thanks for the Good Ideas to look into.

Its a newer house with 200Amp service.

But i will try Flipping the Router on the other side of the panel.

KaptCrunch

the UPS don't reconmend using a lazer printer on thier equipent for the big draw

KaptCrunch

any that does line reg an filtering also keep in mind the loads

images

Last edited:

ZZLEE

Im haing simalr issues with dropps to bios. with 655 on one APC 350 an Coputer on a APC 750, Dropps wost in online games games its :censored: SMC router is touchy fore sure.

I had better service out of a Moarola 5000 and the 655

It has somthing to do with smart meaters ( I think)

Latest posts