What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

cheap 8600gts heatsink replacement

Behemoth-

I have a spare 8600gts, i'dd like to use it but it's doing some crazy grinding noise. Do you guys know some place(s) where I could find a replacement? I'dd like to keep it quite cheap.. it's doing good but it's quite old. Gave a look on ebay and it won't go under 20$ heatsinks that might not fit

I have the exact same:
asus-8600gts-cooler.jpg

Thanks for any help..

_dangtx_

Banned
sure. yank the ole chap out, oil it like a man, and give it a good hours soak upside down. pump it up and down a few times for the oil to sink in. let us know. else yank it out, open the recycle bin, drop it in, close recycle bin and bracket another fan close by

krazymike

ya strap a 80mm on it consider that thing aint worth anything --, just buy a new card

LarkStarr

aye, just jury-rig an 80mm or 120mm on there somehow. glue, screws, whatever.

Photograph

You could make it silent by passively cooling it with an Accelero cooler for $23. NCIX has them on sale this week and you'd never have to worry about a fan wearing out again. I use one on my Radeon 5770's, 4850 and my 9800GT cards and they are stellar performers.

27878_l.jpg

Latest posts