What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Checking on power supply and PCI-E SSD

Soultribunal

Staff member
Not sure. I haven't read anything saying they have, but I wouldn't be surprised. Even if they did swap (as much as a dislike the company for doing it), the S11 Pro would still be as fast or faster than the sn550 and it costs $20 less right now.

I think the S11 Pro's are still okay.

I am also sure that they are not the only ones that swapped out mid product cycle. They were probably just the first ones that got caught doing it (much like the WD debacle). First getting caught usually gets burned at the stake even if the other companies have been doing the same thing for just as long.

-ST

sswilson

Staff member
There's also a fair bit of (seemingly informed) opinion out there that depending on use-case the controller change is either an improvement or at worst a side-grade with a slight reduction in max speed being traded for improved reliability and other downstream performance.

Lysrin

There's also a fair bit of (seemingly informed) opinion out there that depending on use-case the controller change is either an improvement or at worst a side-grade with a slight reduction in max speed being traded for improved reliability and other downstream performance.
And in his case, moving from a spin drive, the jump in performance is going to be significant no matter which one he goes with. Cheapest for the 2TB size is likely going to be the deciding factor for this purchase.

But man! Thanks again guys for all the detailed feedback. Really appreciate all the info. And yes, I referenced that I leveraged the wise folks at HWC in my emails with him; credit where credit is due! :)

Latest posts

Twitter