What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cherry MX blue keyboard problem??

qaz393

I just bought a new keyboard and it seems like that some keys click very silent compared to the rest of the keyboard. Is this normal? The key sounds so dead compare the the other keys. The key works and registers fine.

Most keys are loud.
Few keys are very soft click.
1 key is near silent.

JD

Staff member
Are you positive all keys use Cherry MX Blue switches? It could be that some keys don't use them which is why the feel/sound different.

lowfat

Staff member
What kind of keyboard is it? Have you pulled off the key cap to see what the colour the mechanical switch is actually blue?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

qaz393

What kind of keyboard is it? Have you pulled off the key cap to see what the colour the mechanical switch is actually blue?

EDIT: Ninja'd.
i have pulled off all keycaps and they are all blue. its the new coolermaster ones.

qaz393

some keys lack the distinctive click when pressed. some of these defective keys seems softer and one of them is nearly silent.

Masteroderus

Which keys? If it's the space bar and/or some of the other keys they usually have metal reinforcments that are a real pain to put back the right way when you take the key off. A realy cherry mx blue keyboard should be click and responsive as hell on every key. For reference, i can hit the space bar ~ 9 times per second and every hit registers.

Latest posts

Twitter