What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Chimp Challenge 2012 rules discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryC

roughly yes. you look at production before January 20 let's say and you see the spike or look at the history. Me for example my 2P folder does around 12k ppd and the quad core around 6k ppd. everything else is hpcs.
Even better example is me. My HD5750 was folding at ~5500 - 5700 ppd. I am now in the top 20 for ppd, although lately I have been at ~60k ppd. We will have to se how the 20Gb ram cap will affect that though.

DougTheSlug

CC 2012

I would strongly suggest a 2 tiered CC.

First, the CC can return to it's roots of pure folding power, and this will be the CC winner.

Second, a similar thing to what happened last year as a secondary goal with a new secondary prize.
- This can be more of an "improvement" or year over year contest.

So onto what happened last year... use the avg again, but introduce a small multiplier based on the ranking/performance last year. That should mitigate things like the NCIX effect that other teams no doubt complained about
Way To Fold

stoanee

Need to define the purpose of the Chimps Challenge & go from there. Is it to promote folding & bring new folders into the "program?" Is it a pure points competition? Different teams will have different perceptions and expectations.

BrainEater

Need to define the purpose of the Chimps Challenge & go from there..
I think this 100% correct.

I've been pondering what the rules could be......Without defining what stoanee suggests , it's an intractable problem from what I see....

Hmmmm.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Need to define the purpose of the Chimps Challenge & go from there. Is it to promote folding & bring new folders into the "program?" Is it a pure points competition? Different teams will have different perceptions and expectations.
Agreed.

stoanee

Well, if it all falls apart I think we should DEFINITELY have a competition with NCIX. How about the right to display the "Ammolite Beaver?" :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter