What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

China here I am!

jalmir

In the airport right now, going to Toronto then straight to Shanghai! The family and I will be there 3 weeks! Last time was 2010!!! We're taking Air Canada because it was the cheapest, last time going through the US was cheaper but now with the dollar at 76-77¢ it's not worth it.

:punk:

jalmir

We already bought suitcase from Taobao, they're waiting for us at our place in Shanghai. The wife bought tons of stuff already! lol

In Pearson right now, plane leaves in less than an hour.

jalmir

3am in Shanghai right now, I forgot how hard it was to get used to the 13 hours difference!

On a side note, I finally got my VPN connection to work, somehow on the first day I kept having time out issues!

jalmir

Speeds is pretty much like in Canada, depends on your plan, right now we're on DSL, 10mbps. Don't know the price but its's unlimited.

Got myself 1GB data plan addon on the cellphone ... For 10CAD!

As far as blocked website it's pretty large!

-Facebook
-Google (don't know how they even have Android phones)
-YouTube
-Lots of American based websites (can't name them all) ... Torrent site seem excluded!
-CBC.ca ... For some reason ...

That's my short list, I haven't really looked past the regular website I use. Hardware canuks isn't blocked BTW!

jalmir

Yeah I love it, you don't need to get it from street vendors, you can have it from regular "cafeteria type" restaurant. That's what we had on our first morning!

belgolas

One of these years I will visit China. It is one of the places I want to go to but where exactly I don't know. There is a lot of cool places to see whether it is urban or nature.