What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Chromecast and 5.1 audio output

clshades

Maybe you'll get lucky and they send you a new one. I wonder if the Chromecast ultra would have the same problem. Could always buy one to test and return it.

danmitch1

Haha, who knows, and good idea ! lets see what that other extractor does, its out for delivery...

danmitch1

Well, I think Im going to have to give up on that one.. The other extractor didnt work either.

I even tried it with my TV that has HDMI-ARC and could not get 5.1.. Broke one of the optical shudders in the process as the wire got yanked out when I turned the receiver around :(.. good thing I have a few more on it.

Im just going to use my Ps4 instead.. the only streaming service that we use that it doesnt have is google play movies but we only use it when I get enough google play credits from doing surveys.

clshades

Well, I think Im going to have to give up on that one.. The other extractor didnt work either.

I even tried it with my TV that has HDMI-ARC and could not get 5.1.. Broke one of the optical shudders in the process as the wire got yanked out when I turned the receiver around :(.. good thing I have a few more on it.

Im just going to use my Ps4 instead.. the only streaming service that we use that it doesnt have is google play movies but we only use it when I get enough google play credits from doing surveys.

Shitty. If you want I could try your chrome on my setup and see if it works at all. It could be the device.

danmitch1

Really appreciate the offer man, I would take you up on it If I lived in your neck of the woods.
I was thinking of trying the fire stick for shits an giggles, no risk with returns with amazon but unfortunately they dont carry chromecast I guess cause they are a competitor ..

Lysrin

This is obvious at this point, but I ended up replacing my receiver to support the newer hardware and more HDMI options. Chromecast is plugged into the receiver and I get surround sound in everything that I watch through it. New receiver isn't the direction you were trying to go, I get that, but in the end it was just the easiest tech-hassle-free solution in my case.

danmitch1

This is obvious at this point, but I ended up replacing my receiver to support the newer hardware and more HDMI options. Chromecast is plugged into the receiver and I get surround sound in everything that I watch through it. New receiver isn't the direction you were trying to go, I get that, but in the end it was just the easiest tech-hassle-free solution in my case.
I think that is what I need to do too. Its just frustrating that my modern tv box and well.. not so modern ps4 both work. Sucha PITA!

Lysrin

Sucha PITA!
Agreed. And I'll admit I skimmed some of the thread so I may have missed some key points! But when I read the title I went "That sounds just like where I was!" :) So figured I'd chime in with the obvious. Often can't hurt right? lol

clshades

Really appreciate the offer man, I would take you up on it If I lived in your neck of the woods.
I was thinking of trying the fire stick for shits an giggles, no risk with returns with amazon but unfortunately they dont carry chromecast I guess cause they are a competitor ..
No worries. May have to black Friday yourself a newer receiver. (y)