What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

"Classic" Light Theme now available

chrisk

Folding Captain
Not sure which one I like the best, but I might keep the classic theme simply for the return of the old beaver which I prefer.

Prickly007

If not, it probably needs cookies enabled since the dark theme is the default and without cookies the site is going to default to that.
Tried again, and noticed a message saying to enable cookies.

Sigh. More and more websites no longer work properly if one disables cookies, scripts, etc

MAK

Thank you for the light theme. While I liked the new dark look, it was harder to read the forum. This light one has great contrast and now it is easier to 'scan' the topics quickly.

sswilson

Staff member
Tried again, and noticed a message saying to enable cookies.

Sigh. More and more websites no longer work properly if one disables cookies, scripts, etc

How would you expect it to work if it didn't use Cookies? Default is dark mode which will work fine without the cookies, but the only way I could think that you could do it without cookies would be to have a completely unique URL.

I understand why folks don't want things like tracking cookies, but cookies themselves are at the core of how websites can provide a personalized experience for individuals.

Sagath

Staff member
Or just make light mode default. :p
And when the next person comes here and literally says the same thing as you but changes 'light' to 'dark' in that sentence, what happens?

Or you just accept a cookie that changes a personal thing.

rjbarker

No more drop down showing Members System Specs ? I enabled it in my Settings but nothing ....dont see mine nor any Members...am I missing something ?

Latest posts

Twitter