What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - Results

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Apparently my LLC was not set to 3, I'm rerunning diagnostic again and getting vdroop of only 1%. VID came back at 1073mV now!

Oh man is this fun! It's 1am and I work at 7! What the hell am I doing??? 🤣

lowfat

Staff member
Reading thread on r/overclocking it seems there are still a bunch of bugs to work out. LLC causing issues, app will ask for yo to increase LLC, then next reboot asks to lower LLC. Some people have the program actually decrease clocks. But others have had great results.

JD

Staff member
I rolled back my BIOS last night, things seem stable since. I had to work till 3:30am, so my PC was mostly sitting idle beside me and never rebooted. So I'm back on AGESA 1.0.0.4 and running the profile CTR generated with just XMP set in the BIOS.

So far so good, but I'm sure there's much more tinkering to do!

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Decided to go with the 'undervolt' option, which gave me an overclock at the same time. Obviously my CPU wasnt dialled in on Auto nearly at all. I'll say, I'm quite impressed.

Capture3.PNG

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Why such a low voltage?

I tried the max frequency settings twice via start, and got a hard reboot both times. When I tried the suggest undervolt settings, the 'start' completed.

So either its a CTR bug, or a processor limitation?

Izerous

Folding Team
I know 2700x isn't technically supported but figured it would at least launch but doesn't even get that far no errors etc.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Why not? If that is as fast as the CPU can run with stability and it is faster than stock, why wouldn't you want the voltage as low as possible?
Well to be fair to LF, if it wasn't for the two crashes I got trying to run it at a higher voltage/frequency (which isn't clear it's my chip or the software being buggy), it would be maxed out.

I couldn't care about power usage generally speaking, only performance. Power is cheap.

Latest posts