What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CM G500 Buzzing

Stuartlee2015

Yeah if that is happening at all outlets you really need an electrician. It doesn't make any sense that water flow affects a PSU.

The only thing that could remotely cause this (that I can think of) is if you are on a well, and the draw from the waterpump is causing some voltage fluctuations (or something similar).

If it is actually the flow of water causing issues (and not a water pump), then get an electrician ASAP.

I mean that when the shower in bathrroom is on, and i tried just with psu on all my home outlet, it buzz. when the electric shower's is off, the psu is fine on all wall outlet.

Yes, i will get an Electrician to check my wiring.

Stuartlee2015

Try flushing a toilet/running water in a sink and see if it causes the same buzz.
haha, not that. what i mean is when electric shower is on, psu buzz. and what i mean by water flowing, is from the shower's hose. when i turn off the tap for the shower, the buzz would stop even though the shower is still being supplied by power.

Bond007

haha, not that. what i mean is when electric shower is on, psu buzz. and what i mean by water flowing, is from the shower's hose. when i turn off the tap for the shower, the buzz would stop even though the shower is still being supplied by power.
You may not need an electrician....what do you mean by electric shower?

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
An electric shower has a built-in heating element which is quite popular in parts of Europe it seems.

I didn't clue into that part but it's a key part of this equation.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the massive draw of the shower's heating element is causing feedback in your wiring. I believe these things draw between 7-10,000 watts.

Stuartlee2015

An electric shower has a built-in heating element which is quite popular in parts of Europe it seems.

I didn't clue into that part but it's a key part of this equation.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the massive draw of the shower's heating element is causing feedback in your wiring. I believe these things draw between 7-10,000 watts.

Any thing i can do about it?

sswilson

Staff member
Do you have access to a different power supply for testing purposes? If a second PSU does the same thing I'd suspect that the electric shower needs some kind of isolation circuit, and if a second PSU is fine then it'd be the PSU's isolation circuitry I'd look at.

Stuartlee2015

Hmm.. i have an old PSu, extreme power plus 390W, it doesn't buzz. my G500 buzz's sound can be heard when i sat next to my computer.

the old psu have issues when scrolling pdf files, which it will squeal. so i changed to G500. and the buzzing noise came.

Latest posts

Twitter