What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CM G500 Buzzing

Stuartlee2015

I have this psu, Cooler Master G500.

it's bronze and Active PFC 0.9

whenever someone is using shower, my psu would buzz.

It buzz whether the psu's back switch is off/on..
i tried it with/without connecting to my hardwares, still buzz to shower. It will only stop when i switch off the wall switch. Switching the psu back switch off doesn't eliminate the buzz.

I tried Prolink PVR1000D AVR but it doesn't help, and also UPS APC ES500, IEC inlet filter, all didn't help.

is my home wiring having problems?

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
That is the oddest thing I have heard in a LONG while. I'm thinking harmonic resonance through old copper wiring but there's no way that should be transmitted through to your PSU.

Have you tried it plugged into another outlet?

SKYMTL

Staff member
Also, does this happen when the washroom's exhaust fan or another electrical item (lights, etc.) is turned on or when someone physically starts the water?

Stuartlee2015

That is the oddest thing I have heard in a LONG while. I'm thinking harmonic resonance through old copper wiring but there's no way that should be transmitted through to your PSU.

Have you tried it plugged into another outlet?

I have, all my home wall outlets. I used Belkin Surge Protector. still buzz.

Stuartlee2015

Also, does this happen when the washroom's exhaust fan or another electrical item (lights, etc.) is turned on or when someone physically starts the water?

I don't quite what you mean, but i can say that when the shower is on, water is running, the psu buzz, when i turn off the water tap, the psu buzz stop.

To put it simply, Water run, psu buzz. water stop, psu quiet.

when i swith off the shower's power, even though the water's running, the psu would not buzz.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Sounds like a serious wiring fault. I'd recommend you get in an electrician.

Stuartlee2015

Sounds like a serious wiring fault. I'd recommend you get in an electrician.

By Wiring Fault, what do you mean?

- Sorry, i don't have much understanding in electrical thing.

My other home appliances show no issue or maybe i just don't really notice them.

Bond007

Yeah if that is happening at all outlets you really need an electrician. It doesn't make any sense that water flow affects a PSU.

The only thing that could remotely cause this (that I can think of) is if you are on a well, and the draw from the waterpump is causing some voltage fluctuations (or something similar).

If it is actually the flow of water causing issues (and not a water pump), then get an electrician ASAP.

Latest posts