What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed CM - The Reform 1.0

jcmaz

How bout installing a 230mm fan on the side panel and ~3 Scythe Kama Bays as intakes?

Good work by the way :)

dustin1706

Honestly, when I saw the first pic of the case you were going to start with... eeeeew :shok:

But you aren't even done and it looks seriously sweet!

Anyone can go out and buy a mountain mods case if they want, but not everyone has the drive to do something like this. The coolest things are always one offs that you make yourself.

Excellent work!:thumb:

feerof

Here's some other miscellaneous things that are going into the case:

The fan mounts... since the original couldn't hold 3 fans in a row... since there was no bracket for that, which made my case look super funky. :

intake%20fan%20mounts.JPG

As you guys can see, I tried using mighty putty to bond the cross members together... that failed miserably LOL, but that might be because I was so impatient with the curing process...

Oh this bad boy is going into the case. So the whole story went like this... I got an i7 with two 3870s in crossfire... then I downgraded and sold one of the cards... then in the middle of my modding, I sold my remaining 3870... so now I'm replacing it with this beast. (got the 768 MB because I can't afford the 1 GB =( ). Presenting the EVGA GTX 460:

evga%20card.JPG

Next update will be coming shortly (maybe in an hour) with my water cooling setup inside.

Last edited:

feerof

Looks a ton better than what you started with.
Loving it so far.

Thanks pine!

How bout installing a 230mm fan on the side panel and ~3 Scythe Kama Bays as intakes?

Good work by the way :)

Thanks jcmaz!

I would buy something like that but I think I got the problem solved with my post after yours. But I totally didn't know that those existed. LOL. Also about that side panel fan, I would buy something like that, however I'm planning on cutting out a window on the side panel when I have time after... but that's for my second project when I actually have a garage to work in =P

Which reminds me, I shouldn't call this build The Reform 2.0, it should be 1.0 LOL

Honestly, when I saw the first pic of the case you were going to start with... eeeeew

But you aren't even done and it looks seriously sweet!

Anyone can go out and buy a mountain mods case if they want, but not everyone has the drive to do something like this. The coolest things are always one offs that you make yourself.

Excellent work!

Thanks dustin!

Thanks for the awesome responses :thumb:

feerof

The final water loop setup.

This picture is quite self explanatory... lol:

mobo%20with%20XT%20water%20block.JPG

How does the setup look like you ask?:

water%20setup%201.JPG

And long and behold... after a long time of leak testing... walahhhh!:

THE FANS!

%5Bfinal%5D%20front.JPG

[final]%20top+front.JPG

%5Bfinal%5D%20side+front1.JPG

Enjoy the gallery!

%5Bfinal%5D%20side.JPG

%5Bfinal%5D%20back+top+side.JPG

So what do you guys think of the final product? of course there are a few mistakes and a few spots that I left out, but judging by the amount of time I have on my hands, I think I'll have to enjoy what I have now and just mod the case later in life.

tell me what you guys think, and I'll reply insta fast ! =D

Thanks for looking!

feerof

Have you thought about sealing the 2 holes on the top?

Nah, not really, I'm thinking about doing something about that spot later when I have access to a milling machine or something, I wanna put the name of the comp up there

edit:lol I guess I did think about it then eh? =P

I personally think that it looks great... excellent job!!

Thanks dudddee!

miggs78

Nice stuff again Feerof.. I like how you did the cuts on the top with just a dremel, awesome work.. :)