What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COD MW Open Beta Weekend

JD

Staff member
Just a FYI, COD:MW is in open beta this weekend - multiplayer only. Should just see it in the Battle launcher on PC.

This Ground War game mode is pretty fun, it's like what I remember Battlefield Conquest being, only faster. Haven't really liked the BF games since they moved back in time, so this is scratching that itch. Still the similar 32v32 format, vehicles, etc. Seems to run pretty well for a beta too.

Supports cross play too which is interesting, I still get wrecked by supposed console players, so it seems balanced enough.

Never really played COD multiplayer in the past though, but this one is tempting.

Inik

I'll try it and see. If they can master the crossplay, it could be interesting! It's been a while since I played a COD game with the yearly crappy refreshes.

Wicked15

I played MW2 for thousands of hours and only played Blops 1 for maybe 60-70hrs. COD MW3 for less than 100 and Blops 2 I did a trial and didn't even purchase it.
After that I stopped playing the COD franchise as I didn't like the direction of the content nor the changing mechanics.

Since that I moved solely onto Battlefield games and played BF2,3,4 and then stopped and played Diablo and then the Division.

After playing the open MW Beta for 4hrs yesterday this brings back the intensity that I loved playing MW2! The fast paced high killing and high death game that has little to no downtime between seeing an enemy.

The only thing I am having trouble adapting to is the Demo Map that was given to us for Groundwar - it's a large map that you would see in BF3&4 as well as fully accessible buildings which has always been missing from the other COD games I've played. So lots of places you have to watch out for and at times you need to slow down a bit and watch your UAV before moving lol.

Overall in fairness I haven't Purchased a PC game since BF4 (Diablo and Division were both gifts) and I can say that I am considering buying this!

nolstagia

I've been playing this beta for 4 days, there are so many issues. One issue I've noticed amongst the ones stated. Is when I play on my computer at my Apknite company, I was having issues picking up an item in 2v2 sometimes. It would take several attempts as it would not activate the pickup command. Besides that, I haven't seen this mentioned yet but why don't we have any sort of spawn protection? With the spawning system and campers by the time my character spawns and readies his weapon, I get mowed down mid animation with absolutely no way to dodge, avoid, fire back or even move. We need at least a second or 2 of spawn protection to prevent dying on respawn over and over again by spawn campers. This is a huge issue in realism and ground war especially.

Wicked15

I can't see there being any spawn protection given the fact we get to choose where we spawn from. When playing domination style game play you should almost expect to be killed quickly after a spawn if you are spawning on a Squad member or at a capture point that is potentially in the process of being captured.

There is enough random spawn points at each location that unless you were playing the small town map on TDM you shouldn't have seen a huge issue - but I only got to play for 4-5hrs

I noticed at times I would get the pick-up option but then it would go away and I couldn't get it again - but that may be a timing thing that the server was removing unused articles from the ground.

Some lagging issues during the spawn animation but all things considered I didn't notice anything drastic that impacted game play.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter