What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cogeco Internet

howpet

I guess this is the right forum, if not someone can move it.
This week I downgraded my cable internet from standard (60 gig/month,15 mbs ) to a LitePlus plan (35g,7mbs). According to Speedtest my upload has decreased abit but the strange thing is download speeds have almost doubled.
I"m not sure whether to call Cogeco and see what"s going on or not. Have I been getting ripped for the last 5 years with Standard or did they screwup the downgrade and actually upgraded me a notch.
What To Do???

LarkStarr

..so you were getting 3.5 down speed on a connection you were supposed to be getting 15 on?

why didn't you complain then? o_O

mo' power

If your download speed has doubled from 15mbs to 30mbs, I wouldn't say anything until you get your next bill. If you're getting more download speed for a lower price, you win! If they bill you for it, it's their mistake, not yours. I have a similar situation going on with rogers right now. Let's just say I'm getting more than what I'm paying for:thumb:

howpet

:rofl:
I called and they said yes i was on Standard plan but "They have been working on the lines to improve the bandwidth".. so I get better speeds the exact same time that I decide to downgrade...:doh:
I don"t think I believe that!

b1lk1

I have Cogeco and have the 15mbps internet and routinely I get slightly over my max speed. Cogeco has been great for me, you must have had other issues or they were screwing you. I find it hard to believe they WERE screwing you, especially on purpose though.

Latest posts