What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

combined wireless router w/ADSL modem

Mr. Friendly

hey guys, I'm wondering if there are any good wireless router/ADSL modem combo's out there? customer of mine wants to simplify his wires and equipment. if it has printer server on it, that would be great as well as he wants to connect a wireless laser printer to it too. probably two routers with N capability and one with G, so if it can do both simultaneously, great, if not, oh well, he'll deal with that.

grinder

JD

Staff member
There's this 2Wire one everybody on DSL Reports recommends. Though it's only 802.11G.

And if the printer is already wireless, why does he need a USB port on the router? Just set it up so it connects to the WiFi...

dataxpert

Banned
I hope they don't talk about the one Bell provide...... My customer have so much problem with this one, and Vista ( and no it’s not Vista to blame ) and I have to go fix it , after they argue 3 days with Bell ( let say representative...... ) But probably if you get a 2wire without the $^%$%^#%# :censored::censored::censored: proprietary firmware of Bell , will work fine , good fortune I still have my 2 old speedstream modem than I can plug on my Cisco RV082 . so bye bye the Bell Firmware

There's this 2Wire one everybody on DSL Reports recommends. Though it's only 802.11G.

JD

Staff member
I hope they don't talk about the one Bell provide...... My customer have so much problem with this one, and Vista ( and no it’s not Vista to blame ) and I have to go fix it , after they argue 3 days with Bell ( let say representative...... ) But probably if you get a 2wire without the $^%$%^#%# :censored::censored::censored: proprietary firmware of Bell , will work fine , good fortune I still have my 2 old speedstream modem than I can plug on my Cisco RV082 . so bye bye the Bell Firmware
Pretty sure it's not the same one Bell ships out, and I believe they are "unlocked" ones so to speak.

Twitter