What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread: A Summer Road Trip with the Intel Core i7 975 EE

Mr. Cipher

What I was looking at was the chart on page 5 - there is a periodic decline interval with temp swings closer to 30-40C:

acc-5.png

3oh6

What I was looking at was the chart on page 5 - there is a periodic decline interval with temp swings closer to 30-40C:
ahh, that is LinX in-between passes...there is no activity on the CPU. there is a few seconds when the CPU is idle while LinX loads up another pass, hence the pattern of large drops in temps. if the CPU was under full load the entire time, a temp swing like that is impossible without instant 80C ambient temperature swings.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Actually.... Looking over the numbers, it seems that HT is Not a substitute for more cores. As your i7 @ 5Ghz is clocked more than 50% higher on each core than my Optys, but your result is a little slower. If your machine was clocked to exactly 4.4Ghz, which would be exactly double the clock speed and exactly half the # cores of Behemoth, it would be even further behind... So HT does not make up for having actual cores :thumb:

PS.... If my logic sucks, ill explain better later...

speed

Just imagine the Intel Core i7 975 EE in a Laptop!! The Sager 9280 / Clevo D900F is it!

3oh6

you can't compare architectures because there is more than just HT involved at that point...you have to do the comparisons on the same platform. so i would have to test with HT off and then HT on and see if it was exactly half the time with HT on.

Thanks 3oh6 I'm still catching up - when I was all over the forums last year we weren't using LinX :)
it's new to me too. first time i have ever ran it actually was in this article.

Nice article. I love the photographs :).

Just imagine the Intel Core i7 975 EE in a Laptop!! The Sager 9280 / Clevo D900F is it!
but how are you suppose to mount a LN2 pot? and trying to insulate that would be a nightmare :biggrin:

bojangles

but how are you suppose to mount a LN2 pot? and trying to insulate that would be a nightmare :biggrin:

Let alone even operate a laptop that's one the verge of not actually functioning when everything is pulled out of it lol.:haha:

Latest posts