What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for AMD HD 6990 Review

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
AMD's second generation DX11 lineup is finally starting to take full shape and the latest card is one which many have been eagerly anticipating. Code named Antilles and officially called the HD 6990, it incorporates a pair of Cayman XT cores into a single PCB design which sports 4GB of GDDR5 and a sky high price of $699. This is obviously an enthusiast-oriented product but can it deliver in some of the most demanding situations?

LINK TO REVIEW

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
interesting, so the old debate on where the hot air goes is solved, at least on reference cards.

interesting power numbers too, wasnt exactly expecting those temps either(in a good way)

Wi-Fuzzy

I must be getting old. 2 years ago I would be reading the article for the second time. Now....yup...another card. Nice review. I personally think the card needs to be closer to the 580 sli, but I'm not buying one so my opinion does not count for much. Price seems right...the performance is good. Now...for the crossfire review:biggrin:

Delavan

Interesting card!

Nice heat management. Too bad the Volterras are "hissing", seems like they probably could have done something to avoid that (hypothesis) before launch...

For the price, no surprises...it makes the Crossfire HD6950 look really good for the price IMHO...

Latest posts