What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for AMD HD 7970 3GB Review

TedShackley

I just woke up again on couch, I'll read review then go to bed proper

where will it be listed, reviews or news?

1 minute, I'll find

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Wow, the leaks wernt lying. 20-40% more FPS in current gen games. :shok:

As always, another splendid review to the great standards set by HWC :thumb:

Last edited:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
yup. After ~10,000 words, there MAY be a few spelling / logical errors. :)

G

Nice review Mike, performance looks nice but I am really like that finally we will have a secondary card that completely ( or dam close to it ) powers down while not in use. This has been a caveeat of mine since going to xfire. As you say sure 30w isnt much but I leave my gaming rig on 24/7 so most of that the second card is drawing watts without benefit.

chubaka

Nice review Mike, performance looks nice but I am really like that finally we will have a secondary card that completely ( or dam close to it ) powers down while not in use. This has been a caveeat of mine since going to xfire. As you say sure 30w isnt much but I leave my gaming rig on 24/7 so most of that the second card is drawing watts without benefit.

yup this is one thing that I really like about the new architecture besides from the performance of coz.

even looking a the the performance, it rivals the 6990 in most games! juz falling short by a few fps.

Coach

but I leave my gaming rig on 24/7 so most of that the second card is drawing watts without benefit.

except in winter when I heat my house with cheap electricity anyway