What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for AMD HD 7970 3GB Review

TedShackley

I know drivers will help 7970, but in most of the direct comparisons of 6950 CF and 7970, and in the next closest of 1200p <=>1080p, the CF did better in most all of them, and a lot of the CF reviews were from Dec 2010, so the 6950 had early drivers, so its even better now too

no regrets yet, lots of people loved their CF, once I get it running, I'll have to post temperature results of single fan and dual fan in both slot positions

but again, try to search something like 6950 crossfire BF3 and you don't get anything solid, all the CF reviews were right after release

hotshotmedic

really liked the review. this gtx580 has been amazing for the year i've had it, i see no reason to upgrade at this time based on bf3 and batman testing as they are mostly what consumes most of my time.

yycraven

Great review SKY. It's about time ATI put a good card out, been a long time waiting.
Hope the drivers help boost performance on it.

great_big_abyss

Great review SKY. It's about time ATI put a good card out, been a long time waiting.
Hope the drivers help boost performance on it.

ATI has always put good cards out. They may be green with envy when it comes to sheer power, but they also consume less power. Plus, ATI still has the single fastest graphics card on the planet...

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
A HD 7970 now sits in my main gaming system. Couldn't be happier. :)

Soultribunal

Staff member
ATI has always put good cards out. They may be green with envy when it comes to sheer power, but they also consume less power. Plus, ATI still has the single fastest graphics card on the planet...

Now they do.

The 580 had that crown until now. And I am happy its passed on because we need competition.
We need them to go back and forth so that way we the Consumer win.

Hopefully no driver issues.
I don't want another fiasco like when I bought my 6950's.

ST

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Well they dont yet since this was a paper launch.. ;)

Bahahahahahahah. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, but really. They need to get their drivers in order, and they also need to stop trying to play 'catch up' to nVidia with things like 3D/Eyefinity and get back to basics.

Latest posts