What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for AMD Radeon HD 6870 & HD 6850 Review

benchMark

Great review but your site still isn't working on my iPod Touch. You mentioned you were working on it on Oct.17. Can you really afford to give up the hits from 120 million iPhone, Touch and Pad users? Perhaps you could just remove the code that checks for an iPhone browser so they can view it like they were meant to. Instead of only 1 paragraph of black and white text.

Last edited:

BrianHanna

From what i remember, 2x4870's more or less performed equivalently to a 5870 and the 6870 more or less performs equivalently (but a lil bit under) a 5870, so it should be 6870 = 2x4870's.
If ur thinking about upgrading it wouldn't really be necessary unless you wanted to play the couple of direct x 11 capable titles out there ;)

nah, im not just going to upgrade for dx11, it's going to require a boost in performance as well.

At this rate i won't need to upgrade until after i upgrade my CPU (and motherboard and ram)

heflys20

Boht of mine are 960 SP cards. From my understanding, Sapphire and HIS sent out the incorrect cards.

I don't think it'd be that much of a big deal anyway, but people want to accuse ATI of cheating.

_dangtx_

Banned
well yes. someone with an 1120 shader es card needs to do a little benching and show the difference. because its there. of course clock speed dictates who eats first, but so do those extra workers :)

ati, always will be. never forgotten. no matter what the green managers may or may not think, for the time being. when they'll be in deep doodoo they will.perhaps. resurrect the mythical name.

belgolas

Great review but your site still isn't working on my iPhone Touch. You mentioned you were working on it on Oct.17. Can you really afford to give up the hits from 120 million iPhone, Touch and Pad users? Perhaps you could just remove the code that checks for an iPhone browser so they can view it like they were meant to. Instead of only 1 paragraph of black and white text.
I agree I hate the iPhone mobile site. It is useless and should have a link to go back to full site.

As far as these cards go not too impressed till you look at price. Still waiting for AMD to counter the GTX 480 so they could lower the prices and maybe I would get a 3rd 480. The 6970 is what is going to be interesting for me. Not this medium stuff :bleh:.

No need to upgrade anyways. Don't know why people with 5870's are looking to upgrade as you would loose performance.

Latest posts