What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case Review

BALISTX

Again another job well done. This is a really nice case. I like the nice little extras. It's all about attention to detail and Gigabyte did a good job. The one thing I am curious about is did you just leave the side panel grille on for the airflow testing or did you have the acrylic window in? If you didn't have the acrylic window in I'd be curious if you could put it in and then run the temps again to see if it the temps go up at all.

Babrbarossa

I haven't noticed that this review is posted on any other sites so far- Is there some sort of protocol we should adopt to get these out there? Should I be collecting email addresses or something from the other tech sites to sent links to?

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
There is no protocol really. Just get the review out there by whatever means necessary. :thumb:

SKYMTL

Staff member
The one thing I am curious about is did you just leave the side panel grille on for the airflow testing or did you have the acrylic window in? If you didn't have the acrylic window in I'd be curious if you could put it in and then run the temps again to see if it the temps go up at all.
I thought I had mentioned that. :shok: It looks like I didn't so I changed a few descriptions. :thumb:

Anyways, the metal grille was on the case and I did not install the plexi window. If I have the time over the next few week, I will install the window and rerun the tests.

BALISTX

I thought I had mentioned that. :shok: It looks like I didn't so I changed a few descriptions. :thumb:

Anyways, the metal grille was on the case and I did not install the plexi window. If I have the time over the next few week, I will install the window and rerun the tests.
Awesome, sounds good. The price on that case is pretty decent for its size and features. I think I might have found my next case.

SKYMTL

Staff member
I'm going to be keeping this case for the time being because of the ease of uninstalling a PSU. While I am not too happy with the stock temps, adding another fan did wonders....:thumb:

BALISTX

If I pick up this case I'll add another fan to the hdd cage. Maybe a nice LED one. :biggrin:

SKYMTL

Staff member
Make sure it's blue unless you want to go for a Superman theme....:ph34r: