What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

Dark-Colonel

These are the results we got which line up with literally every other site that tested at the same settings we did:

GTX 470

Seriously, why use someone else's incomplete chart when we have one right there in our reviews?
The difference between the 5850 and 470 at 19x12 are quite noticeable I'd say.

I think for newer DX11 games, it could make the difference between playing below 30FPS (5850) versus playing above 30FPS (with the 470).

I hope you guys do a shootout between manufactured cards, especially something along the lines of the Sapphire Vapor-X version of the 5850.

It'll only be fair if an overclocked 470 with custom cooling (I hope) goes head to head with AMD's best 5850 out there ... that would be a great showdown :D

Arinoth

Staff member
Well this just now screws up with my own decisions of upgrading. Currently i'm running SLI GTX260s and i was originally thinking of going GTX470 but now i don't know if i should spend the tad more and go with the ATI 5870 or bump up more for the space heater GTX480....either way i game at 1920 x 1080 since its on a 1080p HDMI tv. If anyone has any advice PM me or respond here

rapmaster

Well this just now screws up with my own decisions of upgrading. Currently i'm running SLI GTX260s and i was originally thinking of going GTX470 but now i don't know if i should spend the tad more and go with the ATI 5870 or bump up more for the space heater GTX480....either way i game at 1920 x 1080 since its on a 1080p HDMI tv. If anyone has any advice PM me or respond here
I'll go 5870 over GTX 470, it cost a bit more, but more performance and much more efficient.

PCV Online - Sapphire ATI RADEON HD5870 1GB GDDR5 (Game Edition) ATI Radeon HD 5870 Chipset (850Mhz) 1GB GDDR5 (4800Mhz) Memory HD Audio Triple Display (Dual Dual-Link DVI) /HDMI/Display Port PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card - 21161-00-50R - Desktop Vid

It's on sale for 400$.

burebista

I would wait until X-bit's review for power consumption numbers if I were you. I don't know why they don't have one up right now, but hopefully it'll be there soon.
I know Zero, they usually made their reviews a couple of days later than the rest of the net. :)
And of course I'll wait them.

X-bit labs is the only site on the internet that properly tests video card power consumption.
Not quite. TPU and hardware.fr isolate cards power too. :thumb:
And I saw ~100W difference.
I'm expecting to see on XBit same 100-110W difference between them.

Arinoth

Staff member
How good is that site (never bought from them before) and i've not overly familiar with Saphire as a company, how do they stack up to others?

rapmaster

How good is that site (never bought from them before) and i've not overly familiar with Saphire as a company, how do they stack up to others?
I brought once from them, no problem, they used Purolator. :thumb:
If you aren't comfortable, you can always price match at NCIX.

Arinoth

Staff member
You guys think its the best bet to go with right now for that 'price range'?

Latest posts

Twitter