What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

rjbarker

A single GTX480 approaches the power consumption of a GTX295. Three 480s certainly will use more power than a pair of 295s. However, 1000W will be enough for an overclocked i7 rig with three GTX480s.
It would be nice to see some numbers and exactly how much power they're drawing on Full Load (Furmark), both SLi and TRi SLi 480's......the folks over on the Evga Forum are figuring an HX 1kW would be borderline for 3 480's....and not recommending it, then again some of those guys always steer to the "conservative" side.

btw...see the 470 SC versions are back up for Pre-Order at NCIX.....hopefully the 480's will be back up for Pre-Order soon.

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
"
Recently ATI already announced that it had shipped over six milion DirectX 11 graphics processors since late September, meanwhile, according to Rajvindra Gill, Nvidia has supplied less than ten thousand of its GF100 chips.
"

wow.

you'd think they have something under their sleeve and released fermi just to rtelease something

hopefully yelds pick up,somehow, or the presumed something comes to surface. plz nvdia, dont let my future folder down!!!

ImmaPC

Oh man, I want a GTX 480 now. I know it's $100 more but the damn thing does better with AA on? Holy smokes at 1920x1080 this thing would absolutely blow past any game. Heat and power, well, meh. Wait wait, someone convince me otherwise. I should get a 5870 though, right? Dammit...:doh:

Who's getting one of these for sure?

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter