What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

Soultribunal

Staff member
thanks for the wonderful review. have yet to read through everything though. Also good to see that many people in various forums consider HWC to to trustworthy source. contemplating on the purchase from evga... to spend or not that is the question.... heck i fold not game x)

Excellent! Come fold for HWC!!!

I actually think the 470 is really where it is at. Probably the mainstay card in nVidia's stable now for a while. As with all things eventually they will Iron out some of the issues with these cards as time progresses. As of course revised drivers down the road will help too.

True F@H numbers would be nice , but I imagine that depends on this cards ability to support it this early in the game.

Excellent Cards, nice to see them in the flesh so to speak.

ST

_dangtx_

Banned
nods per day? i think it says in the benchmark from the graphical client..decent numbers.

artistpavel

I wonder if NCIX will ship cards when they get them and not wait till 2 weeks from now.

I'm hoping they'll have enough cards to at least ship those pre-orders made within first few hours today, I'm ok to wait 2 weeks if the card is there.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Something I just picked up on in the 470 review: "There is no SPDIF input since all audio processing is now done natively on the chip itself."

So onboard audio decoding for audio over HDMI?

Delavan

Yes I seen that also. Nice that there is no more need for an extra connection to get this done.

Delavan

GTX470 looks really good here .It blows at HardOcp and Anand...

headsh0t

I don't want to get into their testing methodology thank you. :ph34r:

Let's just chalk it up to different methods getting different results.

Ya I was looking at their numbers in their review and was like WTF how can I even compare these 2 cards with the way they're testing??? So I stopped reading their's and started reading your review lolz Very tempted to preorder one of the 470's but I think I'll wait a while.

Latest posts