What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

AkG

so the 5970 is a better choice ... who care about how many GPU on the card,

Yup. As is in life.... Two is better than one. But good luck finding a 5970 that A) uses LESS power than a single 480....like YOU claim B) puts out less heat than a single gpu like YOU claim and C) costs LESS than a 480 will cost after launch mania subsides. Till then, I'll wait for the 460 as Im more a middle of the road kinda guy. :)

Sushi Warrior

Wow, massive ad-fail. CougarLife.com? WTF is this?

Anyways, it is... well, it just is. Good alternative to a 5870. It isn't worse, isn't really any better though. I REALLY want to see some folding numbers though.

And who knows, maybe a GTS450 or GTX460 is ahead for me, I do like the looks of that car raytracing and PhysX sounds nice... but how much better will it be than my 260?

FreeKnight

Only read the 480 review so far (470 won't load at the moment lol). Great review sky, tons of information and numbers to crunch. Once I can access the 470 review it will hopefully make deciding between a 470 and 5870 vapor-x a bit easier for me :D

ADay2Long

Great review Sky! Perhaps add some folding numbers in reviews? It does stress the cards a lot and could give some interesting info on the cards themselves. Just a thought!

Me wants F@H numbers!!! :biggrin:

You guys think these GPUs are so hot they will be required to be watercooled on a different loop than the CPU??? I'm guessing it being so hot it could raise the whole temp of the loop and lower the loop's efficiency.

Please ignore spelling! :thumb:

burebista

Meto 2033 in each graph? Typo.
I'm not finished yet to read. Damn it's almost 2AM here I must go to bed. I'll be back.

bovine.baron

Databases are too overloaded for me to finish the whole 32 pages but heck, I'm sold so far. I was a bit favorable to nVidia in the first place simply because they decided to do something new, damn the market, but those minimum framerates really seal the deal for me.

chrisk

Folding Captain
I'll try to post this again:
I managed to get through the 480 review eventually, it's pretty much what I expected.

Me too. 95c stood out for me, especially as a folder.

Still though, I would rather a single chip solution over a dual chip solution any day. You won't need any SLI/Crossfire configured drivers either.

Good performance, but lots of heat and power. Drivers will make a difference, but you can't guarantee performance on the promise of drivers. For gaming, the higher-end ATI does not warrant an upgrade to this.

I gotta see how it folds before I pass final judgment on the power and heat...

DkRk

Wow, massive ad-fail. CougarLife.com? WTF is this?

I can't say I'm one to complain about the ads. :bleh:

As of right now, this doesn't seem like the knockout that many people were building it up to be. However, it's going up against the ATI's which have had six months of driver updates and improvements.

Still, for the majority of gamers, this card doesn't seem terribly compelling compared to the cheaper ATI offerings.

rapmaster

Good performance, great pricing but horrible heat and power consumptions. It still better than I expected through.

Latest posts