What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

Sushi Warrior

There does seem to be some bias towards Nvidia here moreso than other reviews, that's fine everybody has their favorites, still i wonder how received a 5870 heavily overvolted and overclocked and pushing record breaking high thermals would be received here, i'm assuming it would be a resounding success. :blarg:

IMO Fermi was never meant to run at the speed with which it needs to in order to be heralded as a defacto leader, if history is any indication it's run will be problematic and short lived.

It may APPEAR to be Nvidia "based" because of folding, but if you post a thread asking "What is the best card for gaming?" everyone will say 5850/5870....

MonsterSound

There does seem to be some bias towards Nvidia here moreso than other reviews, that's fine everybody has their favorites, still i wonder how received a 5870 heavily overvolted and overclocked and pushing record breaking high thermals would be received here, i'm assuming it would be a resounding success. :blarg: ...
No need to wonder; There are plenty of ATI product reviews on HWC, glowing when deserved. All you have to do is read them which is a pretty basic thing to do before developing an opinion and posting such comments.

rjbarker

So you guys are saying that you think Sky's Reviews were Biased?......if so...........your on fvcking glue......to be blunt.

but if you post a thread asking "What is the best card for gaming?" everyone will say 5850/5870....

Not me...not as of yesterday.....:whistle:

encorp

Thanks! I bought my Fortress 02 last month on the morning of the publiclation the the HWC review of that case. Haven't regretted it for a second. Love the reviews! I will wath out for the trolls. I'm not sure who they are though. Are they the ones who post regularly and stick together on point of view or are they those who show up out of the blue on a point of interest but who set forth a slightly different point of view. I am not sure but i will keep my eyo out for them.

EDIT: Because who cares

Last edited:

wembler

^^^^ Where do all these new one Post wonders come from all of a sudden......bunch of friggin Trolls is right....guess he isn't happy with his 5870 or he'd be gaming instead of Trolling......

^^^ I had a good laugh over this one Squeets...I alway figured his was ripped when he posted until saw he was from Quebec.........

I'll likely "scale down" to SLI 470's ;) It does look good Sugar....

Oh, you mean a newcomer to the forums is not allowed to present their point of view in an open forum? I just want to see what will happen over the next month or two with the GPU wars and I dont think this is a techno coup from a gamers point of view. ''not looking to make friends or enemies'' yes it is true. let us try to look at this objectively and see what happens in the medium term. I just think it is too early to know. And in the end, who really cares. We now have some competition in the market and as consumers can buy whatever suits our individual needs. Again, is the troll the one who spends so much time here or the one who chooses to present their point of view on a topic that interests them? Come on!

traitoR

Oh, you mean a newcomer to the forums is not allowed to present their point of view in an open forum? I just want to see what will happen over the next month or two with the GPU wars and I dont think this is a techno coup from a gamers point of view. ''not looking to make friends or enemies'' yes it is true. let us try to look at this objectively and see what happens in the medium term. I just think it is too early to know. And in the end, who really cares. We now have some competition in the market and as consumers can buy whatever suits our individual needs. Again, is the troll the one who spends so much time here or the one who chooses to present their point of view on a topic that interests them? Come on!

You need to post more insightful comments like you are on Fvcking glue. God what a piss poor representative of the community.

traitoR

well, back it up!

:haha: Thanks for that, if it wasn't obvious i was referring to another poster other than you, i thought your posts were fine, it's evident that anyone not immediately bowing down to Sky and his positive review of Fermi amongst this crowd is deserving of ridicule.

No harm no foul, everyone is entitled to their say IMO. :thumb:

wembler

:haha: Thanks for that, if it wasn't obvious i was referring to another poster other than you, i thought your posts were fine, it's evident that anyone not immediately bowing down to Sky and his positive review of Fermi amongst this crowd is deserving of ridicule.

Sorry, might be my mistake, but appeared to me from the above that you referred to me. I read it incorrectly. No worries though!

all the best!

encorp

None of this has anything to do with brand etc.. I'm not annoyed with the guy because of what he said; it's how he said it. Usually when joining a new community you don't work to blackball yourself right from the start.