What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

rjbarker

^^^^ Absolutely without a doubt.....gamers vs benchers.....folks that will play hours of gamsand those looking for that additional 100 pts in Vantage...hence Quad SLI 295's... ;)

AkG

Actually you obviously clearly missed the "riced up" part of the analogy. As in a racer / gearhead / car enthusiast took a fuel efficient car and boosted the snot out of it so it could be used for racing. Just like ATI has taken their previous 4x gen boosted it, tweaked it and called it a 5x. Both are race cars. Many automotive enthusiasts spend HOURS debating the merits of "rice rockets" vs "lead sleds". Both tackle the problem of going FAST! NOW! differently then the other. Both have their own strenghs and weaknesses....just like ATI and NV have their strong points. Guess you arent a car guy. Sorry.

Canzara

Actually you obviously clearly missed the "riced up" part of the analogy. As in a racer / gearhead / car enthusiast took a fuel efficient car and boosted the snot out of it so it could be used for racing. Just like ATI has taken their previous 4x gen boosted it, tweaked it and called it a 5x. Both are race cars. Many automotive enthusiasts spend HOURS debating the merits of "rice rockets" vs "lead sleds". Both tackle the problem of going FAST! NOW! differently then the other. Both have their own strenghs and weaknesses....just like ATI and NV have their strong points. Guess you arent a car guy. Sorry.

are you trying to tell me that a guy who loves american muscle cars would even consider a honda?

I am not disapointed. I was worried about these cards coming out. I didn't wanna have to consider a new mobo and cards..I'm glad at this performance..I just thought it would be better with all the talk of "Fermi" for so long..I really expected ATI to be handed they're ass...they got beat, but they really weren't handed they're ass.
I'm not trying to change anyones mind, just my thoughts.

AkG

are you trying to tell me that a guy who loves american muscle cars would even consider a honda?

Are YOU telling me a guy who loves ATI would even consider a NV card?

Fanbois are fanboir no matter what they "love".

To be honest. The last time I can rember ATI or NV handing the other a pure ass whooping from one gen to another was the NV 5 series fiasco. Usually though, we see incremental changes. This like I said is a good thing. Keeps both making enough money to continue the battle w/out ever being "full".

FtGF

The problem is some of these people some how got it in there head that these cards would be something miraculous in performance. Who cares make no mistake these cards are faster and like I mentioned before to segments of the market like me, power consumption and heat mean nothing it's all about raw power. Same with my car I have a four banger that uses more gas then most sixes and I love it.

Canzara

no point. I find it interesting that my thoughts on it were so controversial. I was never trying to change anyone's mind, I was just stating what I thought.
And what was said above is probably true, all the talk over the last 9 months had hyped it up so much I expected a lot more. I was relieved :)
I can't wait to see the numbers 6 months from now and I also can't wait to see ATI's refresh release.
I love this stuff.

FtGF

no point. I find it interesting that my thoughts on it were so controversial. I was never trying to change anyone's mind, I was just stating what I thought.
And what was said above is probably true, all the talk over the last 9 months had hyped it up so much I expected a lot more. I was relieved :)
I can't wait to see the numbers 6 months from now and I also can't wait to see ATI's refresh release.
I love this stuff.

Why would you be relieved?

Latest posts