What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for GTX 480 and GTX 470 Reviews

chrisk

Folding Captain
Yes, but folders were expecting 20K+. I would recommend*(see note below) a Fermi card for someone starting to get into folding seriously, or upgrading from a 9600GSO, etc. So it is def the best-performing card out there, with potential for more, but not what was rumoured. I didn't say folding fail, just disappointment.

*F@H addict has a good perspective here:
FAH-Addict : News - GeForce GTX 470 and 480 announced

Final opinions on this card's folding, and ability to hold up to 24/7 folding, will come. I do fear that even though nVidia says 105c is fine for these cards, I would worry about 95c while folding.

Why is it a fail for folding? GTX470 = GTX275 power wise, and it definitely pulls in more PPD.... I am really not sure on the whole heat issue though, it does run at 95C or w/e but AFAIK that is at fan speeds far below maximum and at Furmark load, not F@H.

Zero82z

Banned
I am playing DA:O, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands all fine on an 8800GTS 640MB. Not max settings, but definitely not low.
And I can play pretty much anything save for Crysis and Metro 2033 (I assume anyway; I haven't actually played it) at max settings at 1080p on my GTX260. I could do the same with my 512MB 4870 as well, before I sold it.

traitoR

You are so overwhelmingly negative... I have my doubts you are a more experienced reviewer than Sky :blarg:

I'm not a reviewer, i'm a consumer, i have my own criteria for success, pretty sure i could write a review if i was so inclined, it's not rocket science to run some benchmarks, seriously the hero worshipping is cute here, but he's not some super being, LOL. I'm 40 years old and have been a computer enthusiast probably longer than you have been alive.

Helix

Have to remember though that the 5870's drivers have had 6 months to mature, while the nvidia drivers haven't. Effectively leading to more free performance boosts in the future.

rjbarker

^^^ Well I'm 45 yrs old.......I honestly thought your were 17 yrs old based on some of your Posts.....I have also been a Member here for a few years now and have admired the "work" that Sky puts into all of his Reviews, not just Sky, but aKg et al.........

seriously the hero worshipping is cute here, but he's not some super being,
Sky:
1. Mysterious
2. Never seen in person
3. Shows up at the most optimal times
4. Was once seen in a one piece liotard type suit with a mask

I say wtf...he is our hero....... ;)

I'm also a consumer but certainly not so brash as to blow off the work of a Reviewer and claim to be able to do this easily....
The challenge is now up thier:

Patiently awaiting TraitoR Review - put your money where your mouth is I say......let us know when is up...good luck with that

traitoR

^^^ Well I'm 45 yrs old.......I honestly thought your were 17 yrs old based on some of your Posts.....I have also been a Member here for a few years now and have admired the "work" that Sky puts into all of his Reviews, not just Sky, but aKg et al.........

Sky:
1. Mysterious
2. Never seen in person
3. Shows up at the most optimal times
4. Was once seen in a one piece liotard type suit with a mask

I say wtf...he is our hero....... ;)

I'm also a consumer but certainly not so brash as to blow off the work of a Reviewer and claim to be able to do this easily....
The challenge is now up thier:

Patiently awaiting TraitoR Review - put your money where your mouth is I say......let us know when is up...good luck with that

As soon as you send me one for free i will run a battery of tests on it, as is i don't really care what you think, from the moment i posted here you have acted with a superior and condescending attitude representative of a two year old.

I have been a member here longer than you so i guess that makes me better than you in your world.

Latest posts