What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for XFX and ASUS HD 5770 reviews

Prof. Dr. Silver

This looks like SPAM! Sooo many reviews...

U Sir, are one great reviewer and a sick Editor! :thumb:

Last edited:

mattlef

I'm guessing 57**'s and the new 2series nVidia cards? Hopefully the 57** series cards perform well, make my decision a bit easier.

Thanks for all the hard work guys, looking forward to the reviews

Last edited:

bojangles

Wow, SKY is a review spammer! I'm sure your girlfriend didn't like you ignoring her lol.

The 5770 is the perfect sweet spot for a 1680x1050 monitor or even a nice HTPC system that can do some nice gaming on the side. Definitely take a loot into this.

Sweet reviews!

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
My GF hates me, my bed forgets me and the rabbit ignores me now...it thinks I am a stranger. ;)

Sushi Warrior

I'm not too impressed with ATI this time around, it seems like both are flopping in the low end. First the GT220/210 and now this. It's really not much. It loses to the 260, costs the same (more right now, as canada computers has it for $190) but it uses less power. All is has going for it is DX11 and consumption. And even DX11 isn't much of a selling point as almost all games will be DX9 console ports. It will still be a couple of months....

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I'm not too impressed with ATI this time around, it seems like both are flopping in the low end. First the GT220/210 and now this. It's really not much. It loses to the 260, costs the same (more right now, as canada computers has it for $190) but it uses less power. All is has going for it is DX11 and consumption. And even DX11 isn't much of a selling point as almost all games will be DX9 console ports. It will still be a couple of months....

Price is a reflection on the higher demand @ launch. Therefore it will come down in the next couple weeks most likely. And their drivers are immature, so performance will only increase as time goes on.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
The performance increases are immaterial IMO since any additional performance will likely affect the rest of the 5-series and the 4-series as well. At the same time, NVIDIA will be releasing drivers as well. So, when push comes to shove the overall positioning of the cards will not change.

Latest posts