What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Compact Watercooled Gaming Rig! (planning stages)

Cptn Vortex

So, I am about ready to embark on a new rig build. Mainly for fun, and probably going to sell the end polished result. Parts I am looking at:

NZXT Rogue Case
Asus P5E-VM HDMI or Gigabyte G33M-DS3 (Thoughts?)
2GB DDR2 800
Possibly 3850, we will see.
H20-120 Compact, possibly add a second 120mm RAD to the sidepanel.

I think I could do it quite well.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Hey! That was my next build idea! :haha: I think the case is a great choice, and has plenty of water-cooling possibilities. I would choose the DS3 over the P5E anytime - one heck overclocker! My vc choice was the 3870 - with the hot air exhaust to the outside this will help the internal temps. As for the rad, I was looking at a dual 120 on one side.

Which PSU have you chosen? Modular, I hope?

Have fun building it, it will look awesome!

Cptn Vortex

Well for now I have a pair of Ultra 500W's just sitting there. I will want to get a decent modular one down the road for sure. Probably an antec NEO 550, under $100 easy.

MpG

I'd be thinking a dual rad on the side too, but I'm not sure if the rad + fan would be too thick to fit. Might hit either the expansion slots or the motherboard peripherals. Hard to tell with the photos they provide.

Should be a good-looking setup when you're done!

Cptn Vortex

Hey Prof, I will consider it, for sure. Probably going to be a few days or weeks, however, I will have the case tomorrow.....

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I have a Neo 500W (check sig) and it's a great PSU. With such a small size, I believe a modular PSU is a must.

Cptn Vortex

Yeah, it may be the one to go with. I think for now I am going to be starting it off with using just the on-board video, just to use as a simple mediacenter machine off the start. Then when it comes time to sell It I'll throw a vid card in. The P5E-VM HDMI would be much better, as my TV only has HDMI inputs, no DVI or VGA. Saves a cable converter!

Cptn Vortex

What are your thoughts on the EVGA 630i boards? Decent OC out of a 800FSB chip? They're on sale for like, $60, I kinda can't say no!

Latest posts