What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completely new and Crushed i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigFOIG

So I was supposed to go to a friends house and put together the computer parts he bought. Completely new build. 2 hours before I was supposed to be at his house, he texts me "my brother raged and broke my mobo and cpu"

Okay... I thought I was building it for you! Guess they got impatient. Told him to send me some pics and here they are. Any chance of using this? :p Mobo is probably fine.

Last edited:

bissa

well if it was broken while in the packaging, you *might* be able to get it replaced by saying that it arrived from transit like that. but it really depends on how badly the motherboard has been broken. if they were in packaging and he hit it or something. chances are the CPU is fine, but the MoBo is possibly broken. pictures will be a good reference to see what the damage is.

bkh2

I am extremely skeptical that those parts are functional. How is it even possible to inflict that kind of damage while trying to put a CPU in a socket? Chances are, you're going to need to get it replaced.

bissa

"my brother raged and broke my mobo and cpu"
my guess is it was not in an attempt to put it together. it looks almost like he took something heavy to it.

supaflyx3

It looks like someone took a hammer to the CPU.. I hope his bro will enjoy re-embursing him :p

zsamz_

try to get rma ..
if not it can be fixed
you will need identical resistors
but that damage can't be caused with it inside socket

Soultribunal

Staff member
I wouldn't even bother with either one regardless. At this point if say, something is messed up on the board that you can't physically see, then you could kill a good chip putting it in there too.

As for that CPU, yeah, wouldn't even bother.

ST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter