What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completely new and Crushed i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.

great_big_abyss

a company is out to make money.. how much revenue they have and how much net profits they make is irrelevant.. you point is just to divert attention from the fact that it wasn't a manufacturer defect, but outright end user damage..

Intel is having a record year. Most corporations are ruthless in the search for profits, and will do almost anything they can to maximise them. My point is that if companies and corporations are ruthless in improving themselves, why shouldn't the individual user be ruthless and try to maximise his/her returns? If you can get away with it, why the hell wouldn't you do it? All I'm saying is it's worth a shot. If intel decides to RMA something that was the customer's fault, then the customer wins. +1 for the little guy!

Soultribunal

Staff member
a company is out to make money.. how much revenue they have and how much net profits they make is irrelevant.. you point is just to divert attention from the fact that it wasn't a manufacturer defect, but outright end user damage..

so if the guy down the street kills 15 people, it's ok for you to do that?

just because somebody does something, doesn't make it right for you..

ditto..

---

The more I read these responses, the more I think about general moral / value degradation in the last decade or two.. i was taught to take responsibility for things I did wrong.. if I broke it, i won't even think about going back to try to get it replaced as "defect"

why do the youths of today feel so entitled and always try to find shortcuts / easy way outs?

-joe

Because people today feel a sense of entitlement after all the discoveries of how big buisness is really run.
Not that I would suggest RMA'ing something physically damaged.

I am not a big buisness by any stretch of the imagination, and yet companies have forced me to eat a lot of money (thanks MSI) because at the end of the day they can.
That is what creates this hostile type of suggestive behaviour.
Action , reaction.
Its a law of force with a new application.

Even at my P/T Job we are instructed to do 'Customer errors' by our suppliers as defective even if its something that was installed wrong or wrong application.
That cost nowadays Joe, is built into the cost of the products we purchase. Its a net result of customer is always right syndrome coupled with companies that have the power to reject an RMA.
The lessons are being taught from a young age now.

-ST

jtktam

sense of entitlement is correct.. on both sides of the fence.. companies and customers alike

companies are rejecting RMAs because too many people before was abusing the system.. customers are trying to sneak it past them to "stick it to the man"

anyways.. i had my 5 seconds of ranting.. don't want to pollute this thread any more..

if this started with "OMG look at the parts damage in transit" i would totally agree with RMA.. but this is obviously end user willingly damaging it..

no matter how you spin it, you are still cheating the system

-joe

bigFOIG

Wow, I see there's a lot of interest towards user broken computer parts. :haha:

And that's why I asked you guys if there was a way to FIX it and not whether I should get him to RMA it or not. I know for sure that my friend isn't going to RMA it unless I tell him to. He's just gonnna use it as a nice paperweight. I think his brother's getting him a 2500k to pay him back. Not a 26... :whistle:

G

That sounds like a bit of a bum deal. But hey, if brotherly love wins out in the end, who am I to argue?
I suspect someones toothbrush is going to end up in the toilet for a nightly dip for awhile........ I know I would.

Birk

if the CEO of any company has a million dollar bank account from the years earnings then I don't have any problem returning something. That chip didn't cost intel $350 to make, probably like $35 so who the hell cares. if they want to to be dicks over $35 so their CEO can buy another mansion or another masserati or some shit then screw em.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
companies are rejecting RMAs because too many people before was abusing the system.. customers are trying to sneak it past them to "stick it to the man"

Companies are rejecting RMA's because some upper management puke sent out some email that not so politely suggested that the rejected RMA quota is low and that number better come up, he does not care how, or some heads will roll. All to pad his bottom line.

Get off your high horse man. Stick it to the man is a great mantra. Do it whenever you can. Because I can guaran ******* tee you that as we speak, and while we sleep, there are people perched around giant tables coming up with new and better ways to stick it to us.

maverick_brent

if the company wants retention (not a huge deal in intels case) they will work with the customer...the term "the customer is always right" doesnt mean that they are always correct. It just means making them happy and feel right is the purpose of the game. As a business manager for nearly 8 years, I can attest I've let some customers get away with murder for the simple reason I know that giving them a refund on the product that costs me about 40% less of the ticket price vs having bad publicity or losing thier $5,000/yr business, I dont need a calculator to tell me which the smarter thing to do is....anyway, RMA it. If they ask what happened tell them or dont..and if you dont RMA it, send it to me, I'll give ya $40 bucks for it, then RMA it. Shrinkage (theft, false claims, etc is already worked into intel's business costs, they dont post a multi billion dollar profit by not factoring these things in.)

BrainEater

All debate aside ,

That processor is done.Don't bother trying to RMA that , it's 50/50 whether it would pass......If I was an RMA guy I'd laugh at yah.

Here's what you can do (and it's gonna cost) ; Take the CPU to a cellphone repair company.You will need specs of the damaged components , but they can do it for the cheapest . Might cost yah 75$ but then it's not garbage.

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts