What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completely new and Crushed i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1lk1

Repeatedly kick them both in the nuts with steel toed boots so they cannot reproduce and add to the futiity of our future.

Master_Shake_

last month i rma'ed a motherboard back that one of my friends used too big of a screw on and broke 2 resistors off the board...

manufacturer replaced it without a hassle.

did the same thing when i bought a broken gtx 260, phonied a reciept regestered it rma'ed it got a new one in the plastic back.

luck of the draw i suppose.

great_big_abyss

did the same thing when i bought a broken gtx 260, phonied a reciept regestered it rma'ed it got a new one in the plastic back.

Please keep in mind that when I sanction RMA'ing a product broken by the consumer through negligence, I do NOT condone tampering with legal documents, which a receipt is.

I'm all for letting a company try to keep my business for the sake of customer service, but I completely disagree with intentionally misleading for the sake of personal gain.

I recently RMA'd a video card on which I fried a memory module through overclocking. I overclocked it knowing full well that it would void my warranty. I RMA'd it anyway, on the off chance that the company would try to secure a future sale. I did not mention how it happened, merely telling the company that 'the part is broken'. Luckily for me, they are in the process of sending me an upgraded video card (they ran out of stock of my old 5830). However, if they had directly asked me how I broke the part, I would have honestly told them that I broke it through negligence.

IMO, creating a receipt that is false is much, much worse.

great_big_abyss

Repeatedly kick them both in the nuts with steel toed boots so they cannot reproduce and add to the futiity of our future.

Hahahahaha. Love that! (I'll make sure to wear a jock if I ever meet you).

But come on, companies capitalize on us to extract as great as profit as possible. I'm am fully willing to capitalize on their loopholes, whether it be in the name of customer service or a bad business plan, in order to create as much profit for myself as possible.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I am going to close this thread down.
Its one thing to mention trying to RMA something broken like that which is a questionable grey area in this world.
Its another thing entirely to discuss anything illicit (making a recipt). That is not what HWC is about at all.

-ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts