What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer BSOD's if no CD-ROM is installed

shelfelf

Hi guys,

wondering if anyone knows a fix for this...

My PC will bsod right after startup if I do not have my Blu Ray drive installed when it is booting up, but if it is plugged in everything works flawlessly...

I have no use for my drive currently, and would just rather not have it attached to free up some room and clean up the mad cable clutter.

any advice?

thanks!

shelfelf

I believe so, the blue screen flashes so quickly its hard to tell but it just looks like there's only zeros in the error code

shelfelf

do u mean reset the whole BIOS or try to reset just that SATA controller or something?

clone63

Maybe try clearing the CMOS or fiddling with some settings.
If it's BSOD, I'd think more Windows BS. Could try repairing off an install disc when the disc drive isn't plugged in.
Oh, I used ???'s in my example of an error so you could know what it looks like. There is usually numbers or letters where I put question marks...

clone63

Did you have virtual/disc emulator software on there? I could see that causing a conflict.
That error code would still help.

EDIT: oh right.. BSOD without the disc drive. Not as sure the virtual drive now..

Latest posts