What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezes on startup

Airw4ves

So basically, I start the comp up and after logging in I am presented with a "Ideazon Z Engine has stopped working" window. I click Debug The Problem, and I immediately get (Not Responding) and the comp is completely frozen. After restarting I try "Check Online for solution" and "close program, both with the same results. If I try and open up anything else it also freezes. I'm not sure as to what the problem would be.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

ZZLEE

How old is the boot drive.
try toool to check boot drive fore errors.

Supergrover

So basically, I start the comp up and after logging in I am presented with a "Ideazon Z Engine has stopped working" window. I click Debug The Problem, and I immediately get (Not Responding) and the comp is completely frozen. After restarting I try "Check Online for solution" and "close program, both with the same results. If I try and open up anything else it also freezes. I'm not sure as to what the problem would be.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Uninstall Z-Engine software
Start the computer, load windows, open task manager, kill Zengine process, uninstall zengine software , reboot.

Airw4ves

Tried to open task master and the thing freezes again and I am forced to restart. Tried to restore and now I'm left with a black screen after initial windows symbol flash.
I've tried Safe Mode and get the same thing.

Go into boot manager and select my boot disc and it says BOOTMGR is missing, how do I go about fixing this?

Last edited:

Airw4ves

Won't let me get into safe mode, all I have is a black screen with my cursor after starting up the comp. I have attempted to repair with OS Disc but didn't do anything. I'm going to keep trying repairing to see if it will fix something.

Last edited:

dandelioneater

Do you have any files that you really need to keep on your OS drive? This is kind of a last resort, but It might be time for a new drive & fresh windows install. This might be the perfect opportunity for an ssd upgrade:thumb:

Airw4ves

Progress - Now I can log in but I'm stuck with a Welcome sign and glowing wheel.

As for the drive, haven't updated my sig but its on my 60GB SSD

Latest posts

Twitter