What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezes on startup

Painbringer71

So have you tried a differant standard keyboard? Then repair the OS ( I found this below on Frequently Asked Questions - What should I do if I get the error: "Z Engine has stopped working"? )

What should I do if I get the error: "Z Engine has stopped working"?

This error is caused by a conflict between Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and the previous version of the Z Engine.

You can resolve this issue by updating to the latest Z Engine. Here is how:

Make sure you have administrative rights to your computer. Please make sure your device is connected during these steps. Please try the following to see if it helps (WARNING: this will delete your Custom Mods):

- Uninstall the Z Engine software by going to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add remove Programs

- Reboot computer

- Delete the following folders (WARNING: this will delete your Custom Mods):

1) C:\Program Files\Ideazon\Z Engine\

2)

a) If you have Windows 2000 or XP:

Click Start->Run and type “%appdata%" then click "Ok"

Find the Ideazon folder and find the Z Engine folder. Delete the Z Engine folder

b) If you are using Windows Vista:

Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Run)

and type “%appdata%" then click "Ok"

Find the Ideazon folder and find the Z Engine folder. Delete the Z Engine folder

- Re-install the latest Z Engine drivers: www.steelseries.com/downloads

You should have a green Z Engine icon on your system tray which means your device should work properly.

Latest posts

Twitter