What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezing, shutting down and crashing.

A_Dude

Hello guys, yesterday i finished Building my rig.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO
CPU: Intel i7 2600K.
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 13 PRO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz, CL8
GFX: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SLI
HDrive 1: Western Digital 250 Gb, 7200 rpm, 16 mb cache, Sata 6.0
HDrive 2: Samsung HJ(something) 1 Tb, 7200 rpm, 32 mb cache, Sata 3.0
DVD-Reader/Burner: Sony Optiarc DVDRW 24x
PSU: Corsair TX850W
Case: NZXT Hades
I am also using a usb headset, mouse, monitor and keyboard

Anyways, as you can see on the title, my computer freezes sometimes, randomly shuts itself off and games often crash.

I have no idea what it might be, so can you help? Cheers.

dandelioneater

You could have:

a bad stick of memory. I'd try running memtest 86.

Not sure if you are overclocking, but if you are it might not be stable. Run Prime 95

Failing power supply? Backprobe the connectors to check your voltages.

Check your temperatures. Maybe cpu overheating.

issues with one of your video cards. Disable SLi and test each one individually.

Just a few things you could try

keto

1. Use memtest to check your memory

2. Overclocked?

3. Most up to date video drivers?

4 If it's shutting right down, the PSU has to be a strong suspect.

5. Temps OK? Could be improperly seated cooler, causing cpu to overheat and shut down.

6. Check ALL of your cable connections - like, pull EVERYTHING including at both ends of the PSU connections. Reseat. Test.

A_Dude

I fixed the problem for now, i updated the BIOS from Version 0105 to 2001 and didnt turn on the "performance mode" because it seems like that happends only when performance mode is on

A_Dude

Ok, i was mistaken, the problem is still there, well i fixed the double boot by updating my Bios from version 0105, to 2001. the boot problem was fixed, but the computer randomly crashes when i play games. or atleast Half life 2: Episode 2 because that is what im playing when the crash happends. Perhaps is it a Software issue with Half life 2:EP2? or some Hardware issues?

KaptCrunch

update intel run the inf app get drivers (Note you didn't say 32 or 64 bit OS ?)

for JMicron® JMB362 SATA controller ,Marvell® 9120 controller, Realtek® ALC892

video GeForce 285.62 Driver<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" xmlns=""><TBODY><TR><TD id=contentsummaryleft>

</TD><TD id=contentsummaryright colSpan=2> <SUP>WHQL</SUP>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" xmlns=""><TBODY><TR><TD id=contentsummaryleft>

</TD><TD id=contentsummaryright colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A_Dude

Im on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Ok, now i just played Team Fortress 2 for 5 minutes and when i got hit by a rocket, the game crashed, and after that the screen got blue/purple and its like i pressed the Reset button but i didnt, and it just rebooted.

Tainger

run prime 95 to test ram and cpu

run furmark to test gpu

see which one fails and go from there.

A_Dude

I ran Prime95 for 20 minutes, and Benchmark on Furmark. Prime95 said 0 fails, 0 warnings, 5 passed what i remember. and Furmark didnt say anything, BUT i ran the benchmark once and looked at the temperatures. GPU 1 was starting at 30 and went to 60 and GPU 2 was 27-30 degrees celsius, i looked at MSI afterburner and it said 27-35 degrees celsius on both, reference clock speeds. and the CPU never goes past 40 degrees celsius.

another thing to mention is that right after furmark finished the first time i ran it, it reseted right after. the second time i ran it, for 5 seconds maybe, i pressed ESC and it reseted anyways. One thing that is maybe useful to know is that right before the computer resets, the whole screen gets like a blue/purple shade to everything on the screen. (NOT BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH)

Latest posts