What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezing

Cypher^64

Must be some type of heat issue or a cable getting pinched or something.

If I put the sides of the case on, it will run a benchmark no problem, but freeze if I start a game. The Razer app for the game keypad gets reset along with the logitech software for the mouse.

Last edited:

gingerbee

have you tried an older driver cause like I said I was having crashes and it turned out to be Nvidia driver? but your total right it's super weird that its crashing with the case covers on.

Cypher^64

have you tried an older driver cause like I said I was having crashes and it turned out to be Nvidia driver? but your total right it's super weird that its crashing with the case covers on.

Right now I'm using the default windows driver, with case off seems to be fine.

Cypher^64

I am about to give up on this thing. Crashed again while playing warplanes, cpu temp showed 52C, I did replace the thermal paste. Could the video card be overheating?

gingerbee

ya, it could be a bad mount on the GPU cooler. Um to my understanding windows will install a base Nvidia driver not just use the windows driver for 3d, windows driver will only run on 2d I believe. I could be wrong

I would try to monitor the GPU temps HWinfo64 or GPU-Z and I would try and old Nvidia driver sounds like an overheating GPU

2060 can run pretty hot and their max temp is only 88c so it very well could be.... good luck mate off to bed