What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezing

gingerbee

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was crashing with the other card too. strange ok I am out of ideas I don't play those games I guess since kaptC is telling you to check JAVA, they run JAVA so would be a good next move sorry

The only other thing I would try and change is the power supply than if that doesn't work install a new OS on a different drive and try that.

???? have you pulled it all out onto a motherboard box to see if it works out of the case fine????

Cypher^64

Ok, so got a new motherboard. Asus B550-plus. Won't boot when ram (Ripjaws 3200 16-18-18-38) is set to "XMP" so only runs at 2133 at the moment. Need to find a bios update.

Crashed again 1/2 way through a great battle of Warplanes and cpu temp was reading as 48 and the video card at 52, so not likely a heat issue. After game crashed Windows is still fine.

So either the video card or psu. The system wouldn't boot after I installed the motherboard until the display port cable was in port 1. motherboard gave me a long and 3 short beeps (detect video issue). After moved it to port 1 it's been fine, not sure if that is normal or not.

Edit: Even with the latest bios this ram will not run at rate speed. Won't POST when set to DOCP (which shows the exact setting on the package the ram came in)

Last edited:

Cypher^64

Tried it with the GTX 1050, crashed less than 5mins in. Only thing left is ram and psu. Considering this video card doesn't even take external power, what are the odds that it is the PSU?

Cypher^64

With 1 stick of ram I was able to run it at rated speed and play 6 games without issue. So many odd things going on, but looks like it is 1 bad stick of ram.