What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezing

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Since you replace the mobo its like you said, psu or cpu. Unfortunately these random crashes are the worst to troubleshoot, especially without spare parts.

Cypher^64

Since you replace the mobo its like you said, psu or cpu. Unfortunately these random crashes are the worst to troubleshoot, especially without spare parts.

I'm wondering if it is the game itself, played 3 battles of Tanks without issue. GOing to have to install BF5 and see how it plays.
Planes was pretty solid on my MSI laptop. Maybe Planes dowsn't like AMD cpu;s lol

KaptCrunch

It started doing it again

I did replace the motherboard with an Asus B550-plus wifi (wifi is much better on this than on the gigabyte)

Put the stock cooler in to make sure i didn't mess up the water cooler, same thing.

Both sides of case off and blew a fan in, same thing. Thought might have been heat as fps start around 150 and then steadily drop as the game progresses and goes as low as 45fps at times even with not much going on, then back up to 80/90.

I'm going to see if I can borrow a couple of sticks of ram and test

Don't think it is bent pins on cpu, I inspected it on purchase and it slid into the socket easily

I hope it's something as simple as the ram
I'd take out MB out of case test on table, to know if is case issue ...bent case seen this before

gingerbee

Ya I would second that all testing should be done outside of case on motherboard box if possible. sorry its not just an easy ram swap to fix the problem

Last edited:

gingerbee

I was saying sorry it's not just fcked up ram and not an easy swap to fix the problem lol

cause ya if you cant swap ram easy on a box then you have bigger problem

Cypher^64

Ok, this is some odd stuff.

BF5 and World of Tanks, I can play for hours without issue.

But, get this. I mapped one of the buttons on my Logitech G900 (wireless) to be F4 (mark enemy aircraft). The last 5 times Warplanes has crashed to desktop was right as I pushed the button on the mouse. It doesn't crash every time I push it, so, I tested. I went into battle and just spammed that button and sure enough it crashed. WTF?

Dwayne

Ok, this is some odd stuff.

BF5 and World of Tanks, I can play for hours without issue.

But, get this. I mapped one of the buttons on my Logitech G900 (wireless) to be F4 (mark enemy aircraft). The last 5 times Warplanes has crashed to desktop was right as I pushed the button on the mouse. It doesn't crash every time I push it, so, I tested. I went into battle and just spammed that button and sure enough it crashed. WTF?

Alt-F4?

Cypher^64

That's exactly what I think its doing. Key bind is set to F4... but thinking it's doing alt-f4 after so many times.

How do I turn that off?

Latest posts

Twitter