What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezing

gingerbee

that is so weird this is turning into one strange case of pc crashes.

so it looks like its just the game I have never seen that before I mean crash to desktop sure but not the system

Last edited:

Cypher^64

that is so weird this is turning into one strange case of pc crashes.

so it looks like its just the game I have never seen that before I mean crash to desktop sure but not the system

The only issue left since changing the motherboard is warplanes closing due to the f4 key

Cypher^64

Looks like I'm back to square 1 since adding the 5800x. It does run hot (max 79C so far) and windows will freeze when exiting a game and entering a new one. If I leave it on main screen in tanks for any length of time it'll freeze

Since this began, I've replaced the motherboard, have Hyperx drr4-4000 and the new 5800x. Only thing really left if the PSU, m.2 drive and video card. Going to pickup a Corsair 850w tomorrow and see if that fixes it.

anabioz

Can you check event viewer?

start -> run -> eventvwr.msc -> OK

Expand Application and System Tabs. Filter on Errors and Warnings. See what could be causing the 'stalls'. The freezes could also be the prolonged stalls.

NOTE: Pardon me if I am repeating other suggestions, I haven't read through the 7 pages of the thread.

djbrad

Did you ran memtest on Your ram? Maybe it’s not stable Beyond xxxx speed,

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Rereading this thread, I'd take the system out of the case, and run it on some cardboard and do some thorough one-by-one step troubleshooting. It makes absolutely no sense.

The only common thing left that would cause these kinds of fault is either a bad build, or psu. Being the fact you didnt report any issues for 3 weeks, then replaced the cpu I think that extra draw is just adding to the bad psu, or you didnt mount the cpu block properly.

anabioz

Rereading this thread, I'd take the system out of the case, and run it on some cardboard and do some thorough one-by-one step troubleshooting. It makes absolutely no sense.

The only common thing left that would cause these kinds of fault is either a bad build, or psu. Being the fact you didnt report any issues for 3 weeks, then replaced the cpu I think that extra draw is just adding to the bad psu, or you didnt mount the cpu block properly.

This is a sound advice.

Can attest to issues with poor case designs that caused some motherboards being shortened and even failing to post from time to time.

You might want to test the PSU as well, a PSU tester is relatively cheap https://www.amazon.ca/ATX-Power-Supply-Tester-Display/dp/B004IO5CT8/ . There are fancier models, but this will also do the trick.

Bond007

Sorry to hear you are having another problem with your build.

I feel it is software/drivers if you have short hangs. No guarantee, but personally I think any time I have troubleshot hang ups it was RAM or drivers/windows settings/USB bugs/etc.

Check windows logs for errors.

Latest posts

Twitter